• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a Muse Replacement From Adobe?

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using Muse, but it's getting long in the tooth and things breaking.

I have struggled with Dreamweaver (though not recently) and and can't find a way to simplify it enough to be useful to me.

Has Adobe created a Muse replacement for visually designing a website? If not, is there anything on the horizon?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Responsive design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having tried sparkleapp, pinegrow and nicepage - have heard of webflow to be very nice.

Looking for an app with no subscription model is quite difficult anyway. No Adobe has not any replacement but XD for getting a prototype. You may look out for their free plugin to export as html and then keep on with Dw in order to stay with Adobe as you have the subscription anyway.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but XD is no replacement. To imply that XD does anything more than prototyping with or without 3rd party extensions is distorted at best and dishonest at worst.  XD is for creative agencies where the designers hand off prototypes to experienced coders.

With regard to Nicepage and Weflow, see my reply from yesterday:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/now-that-muse-is-defunct-what-is-the-future-of-dreamweave...

Adobe have 4 options available depending on what you need:

Dreamweaver = Adobe's flagship code editor and site management software.  For developers who want to work with code. Dreameaver can help you take those XD and Photoshop prototypes and make them into actual working websites and apps. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html

Behance = free website for showcasing examples of your creative work online. No subscription required.

https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us/articles/204483894-Guide-Intro-to-Behance

Adobe Portfolio = free with your paid Creative Cloud plan.  Aimed at photographers and creative content developers for showcasing examples of your work online.  PF ties in seamlessly with Behance, Lightroom Collections, Bridge and Adobe Stock Contributor's portfolio.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Adobe Spark  = free with your paid Creative cloud plan.  For social media graphics, short video and 1 page story telling, all hosted on Adobe's servers.

https://spark.adobe.com/

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. I apprecaite the thorough response.

I'm not a site designer. I only have one website for my VERY small business.  I just need a simple 10 to 20 page site that is completely responsive. I hope to migrate to self hosting within the next year. So, WIX and the like are not options. 

Behance and Spark are not robust enough. DW is too robust. I spent a lot of time working with it a few years back, but have forgotten most of it and most of the coding. I played with PF a little a year ago and may be able to live with it. Muse was the Goldilocks website for me.

Thanks Again,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could create a new responsive website layout in Dreamweaver with just a few clicks using the built-in Bootstrap Starter Templates.  See screenshots.

File > New > Starter TemplatesFile > New > Starter Templates

Files Panel (F8), Local Site FolderFiles Panel (F8), Local Site Folder

Post back if you have more questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines