Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues forwarding Urls within Muse

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

For context, my Muse website has a Desktop, Tablet & Mobile version & we're also a movie theatre

Recently I just noticed that Google has used both links for the desktop and also the phone events page in the generated preview below (phone bottom left, desk top right) when googling "Avoca Theatre" or related words

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 12.42.52 pm.png

The issue with this is that when lets say I click on the phone link with a laptop I get sent to an ugly looking phone page & vise vera with a phone clicking on the desktop version

Is there any way of adding a bit of code maybe in the .htaccess to forward that link to the correct url based on what device (desktop or mobile) is being used?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue in that Google lists the phone version of the site first. I thought it may be something to do with the metadata which I've added, but it hasn't changed the search results as yet.

I also suspect that the separate desktop/tablet/phone method is being phased out in favour of response breakpoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines