• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues reported with 2017.1 (and workaround solutions)

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sharing guidance we received from the product team.

Issue 1 – Element placed in the header section and set to "stretch to browser width" and “pinned" is causing the issue with height calculation.

Our team has tried to make a fix via a .mulib file for "objects shifting vertically" in the latest update.

• Steps to install :
    • Download the .mulib file from the shared link - https://adobe.ly/2vjkLuZ
    • Double click the .mulib file ( This would add the .mulib in library)
    • Open Master or Child(wherever the issue is seen)
    • Insert the Vertical shift.mullib in page(anywhere)
    • Preview the page where vertical shift was a problem

Issue 2 –  Muse Crashing on Resizing caption of a full-screen Slideshow.

• Workaround – Available in this user case, since it is not a full-screen slideshow.
  • Steps:
    • Recreate the slideshow with content and similar settings. It will work.
    • Only in case of a full-screen slideshow is where a user cannot resize it.

Issue 3 –  After conversion content not showing/behaving  as it showed in earlier version(missing, misplaced )

• Please share your files with us for investigation
  • To share your files, upload them to a file share software such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. Ensure that you mention the nature of your issue in your message.

Issue 4 –  Muse file crashing in the latest version

• This can also be related to mixed pinning issue which we are working on. Upon unpinning any widgets like (youtube, form, or composition) it should work fine.
  • If you still face issues Please share your files with us for investigation
  • To share your files, upload them to a file share software such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. Ensure that you mention the nature of your issue in your message.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolled back to the previous version but this has killed our confidence in the Muse platform - looking at migrating to shopify / wordpress in the future...

Reported my bugs; full browser width / height elements don't push page objects down the page correctly, master page accordion menu thrown out on page with google maps widget. No longer previews in browser, unusable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have provided fixes for a couple of issues. Please join muse pre-release program and let us know still you are seeing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry amitcs06 - adobe need to understand we do not have the time to risk working on the pre-release and will stick with the previous version....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently also found this problem, vertical shift widget is not very helpful, I use y transform way.

I use some of the appropriate breakpoints in my country 1200, 960, 768, 600, 414, 375 and 320, each on the page up I set its transform y to 250

and this way resolves my problem that can not be fixed by using the widget shifted vertically

and I'm still waiting for the revised version of muse 2017.1 because it was already updated, there is a sense of regret, it should not update my muse 2017.0

thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018.0 version is still buggy. I have been having at least 2-3 crashes or freezes every day. and when I Quit, it freezes, so I have to Force Quit. This version is the worst yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I downloaded the last version of Adobe Muse (october 2017) and open the job I make with version august 2017. So I have had problems with some elements about stretch to browser width. They come from a template I bought. The template doesn't work well now with this version of Adobe Muse. I have to finish this job and I am in the caos now. What have I to do? Can I download the version august 2017 again in this way I can finish my job? Or are there another solutions?

Thanks

Maurizio Patscot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I used the mulib file vertical shift but the problems there is still. The elements moves on vertical size. How can I fix it?

Thaks again

Maurizio Patscot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed with the newest version of Muse 2018.0. So you don’t need this mulib file any more.

I think, you are encountering not a Muse, but a layout issue.

To check this, please delete all pages and elements, which are not directly related or involved in your issue and share this small(!!!) .muse file with us.

You may follow these instructions https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I made everything good this is the link for my site test:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you

Maurizio Patscot

P.S. If you think it's easier to continue my job with another version of Adobe Muse please tell me how I can download the version before this versione (Adobe Muse 2018.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally put our site live (using the earlier release) but we have moved from a product catalogue to ecommence and Muse just can't cope (too labour intensive to manage inventory, shopify button, etc let alone Adobe issues). Sadly we will move platform - great for simple websites and prototyping designs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mauriziop12985437  schrieb

If I made everything good this is the link for my site test:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you

Maurizio Patscot

P.S. If you think it's easier to continue my job with another version of Adobe Muse please tell me how I can download the version before this versione (Adobe Muse 2018.0)

I cannot see any file there, sorry.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

this link for the file

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talking about your state button widget? Looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 00.34.13.png

You have some trigger inside a state button inside a state button inside a state button which is pinned to the containers left side:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 00.34.52.png

and resize option to none – change this to the same as the state button to responsive width:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 00.35.44.png

then it looks like this (see the middle state button and the trigger inside in opposite to the right one:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 00.42.27.png

You might add a breakpoint, though and rearrange the state buttons for mobile.

Before I forget this to say: it is all done with the 2018-Muse.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are more heavy issues!

• First, I isolated the second element in the upper row of three elements, to simplify the situation.
  • If I click through the elements of this object, I find a states button (blue) containing a –> states button (brownish on rollover) –> containing a light box composition (the trigger of which is wrongly pinned and not responsive – just as fotoroeder​ already mentioned).
  • Additionally this composition is defined as a light box with a close button. The close button seems to be forgotten by the designer and is positioned way(!) out of the visible area of Muse’s canvas! Just look here:

• And more: The (light box) target of the composition is set to „not responsive“ and the light box slide show hero within this target too! That makes no real sense at all within a responsive page and causes the complete composition to slide horizontally.

As you see: All these issues have absolutely nothing to do with „Muse bugs“, as you assume. These glitches are pure layout problems, which can easily be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"As you see: All these issues have absolutely nothing to do with „Muse bugs“, as you assume. These glitches are pure layout problems, which can easily be avoided."

I commend Adobe for building a web building app with no need for any code, and there are tons on features that speed up the process but I think they need a Beginners intro / guide to basic web construction / layout, explaining, divs, containers, nesting, CSS, etc on page 1! (No need for extensive code). I think there would be far fewer "bugs" (which seem to be a lack of user internet /web knowledge?). It is code in the end - a messy designer's art board with old concepts off the page edge, on layers, etc won't work well...?

IMHO people need to act professionally, save new versions after amends, back up constantly, avoid being a victim to software updates, etc (we only lost 12hrs work, reverted to previous files and application, goes with the territory).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody say to me anything for fixing my problems. I downloaded the version 2017.1 but there is the same problem about some elements doesn't work well with stretch to browser width.

Please help me

Maurizio Patscot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines