• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function.....

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently updated my muse to the latest version.   Then I worked on one of my existing project as usual.   Upon testing, I upload it to adobe  business catalyst, test is OK.   I review the site in Browser, the test is also OK.   However after I export it as a HTML and test the site, it gave me the following error message when I clicked some of the links on my main page.   Then error message is : JaveScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'contentDocument' property from 'HTMLIFrameElement': Blocked a frame with origin "null" from accessing a cross-origin frame.   I don't even understand the message itself.   Could anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Just wanted to update everyone on my issue with Swiftype as I've now found a solution. Turns out the URLs being generated are their way of sending users directly to the relevant text on a page. In other words, the page loads and scrolls down to a certain point on the page. Turns out this functionality can be disabled via their settings on the paid plans; my client was on a free account (which they no longer offer to new users), so this setting wasn't available.

All that said, I ended up finding a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Help with using Adobe Muse CC​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jeanc,

The error which you have described "JaveScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'contentDocument'" usually comes if there is any external HTML code or a third party widget interfering with the original Muse generated codes of the site.

Can you please share the URL of your site so we can have a look at it?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar question. In my case, I know the error is related to a Swiftype search box that is embedded in the site using a third party widget, although I've also tried solving this by embedding their html code directly and had the same problem.

As an example, try typing "careers" into the search box at the top of the page, then click on the second result. It goes to the page, but the error comes up first.

This is a huge problem and is making the search engine basically unusable at the moment. Is there any way to disable the error dialog?

Here is the site if you want to have a look: http://www.casenetllc.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not very sure how to rectify this issue in your case.

As I see that the error only comes when you try navigating to other sub pages of your site through that search bar.

The link it takes is - www.casenetllc.com/sales-solutions-architect.html#sts=Careers

However, when I navigate to the pages normally through the links, it goes well.

Link is - www.casenetllc.com/sales-solutions-architect.html#Careers

Looks like there is an issue with the code itself.

You should get this checked once with the code provider.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this Ankush. I agree it's a huge problem that it's creating those links as they make no sense. I will contact Swiftype and see what they say too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update everyone on my issue with Swiftype as I've now found a solution. Turns out the URLs being generated are their way of sending users directly to the relevant text on a page. In other words, the page loads and scrolls down to a certain point on the page. Turns out this functionality can be disabled via their settings on the paid plans; my client was on a free account (which they no longer offer to new users), so this setting wasn't available.

All that said, I ended up finding another search provider that offered much better rates for my client's needs, and I highly recommend them if anyone is looking for a relatively inexpensive, quality 3rd party search solution. The company is called AddSearch, and can be found here. I did encounter a similar javascript error at first, in this case due to an autofill function that fills the search bar with whatever the user previously entered if they go back a page in the browser; however, it was just a matter of emailing them and asking them to disable it, and they took care of it within hours. Needless to say, I'm very impressed with them so far.

Unfortunately, this doesn't resolve the original poster's question as all of my issues ended up being related specifically to these third party search engines. Just to throw this out there, I would love if future versions of Muse would offer ways for these kind of error pop ups to be disabled on production sites. I understand why they are there, but I personally would only want to ever see these show up in testing...never to the end user. I was very glad the Muse team recently added a way to disable the missing files on server error via Muse's app preferences file by the way as that was causing endless frustration over the last several months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing your solution here. It will help other users with a similar question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swiftype is a Wordpress plugin designed to work around style codes... Muse doesn't use these types of codes (because they are out of date) and will in fact strip them from its pages. there is no workaround I'm aware of sorry.

in other words, your issue is that you didn't use the correct tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I was afraid that was likely the case about it being out of date, as Swiftype was originally integrated into the site via a widget from https://www.muse-themes.com/ and they've since apparently abandoned that widget and shifted to their own search tool (which honestly doesn't seem as good at first glance). Anyway, I tried using the embed code from Swiftype, and it behaved exactly the same.

So what you're saying is Swiftype is simply incompatible with Muse altogether and we just need to find another search solution?

Really unfortunate since it was working so well until now, but I appreciate the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume your host server is the root cause but we can't go ahead without knowing the site url sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines