Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i  came across this issue today:

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

I have 4 websites, all of them were good until today. I have updated a few pages in 2 of them, no new forms, no new scripts, fonts, menus etc - just modified text. I didn't make any changes in two other websites, but I have the same issue.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Hey everyone, unfortunately this bus has appeared due to some coflict with latest Chrome update.

We have marked this issue as critical and our engineering team has started working for a quick fix of this issue.

Meanwhile we suggest you to opt any other alternate like uploading on Business Catalyst for test or preview site in browser option for checking your site.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey George_K,

Can you please share the URL of your site so we can have a look at them and try finding the error.

Also, have a look at Zak's solution in this forum post MuseJSAssert: Error calling selector function: TypeError: 'undefined'.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have similar issue:

This error starts popping up when I updated my browser to the latest version of Chrome 64.0.3282.140

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

The website is designed using Adobe Muse. Does anyone have any idea why this happened? I thought it may have to do with bad links, but when I scan the page for bad links and there was no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

I have this problem after direct export files (export as html) to HDD on my computer.

All websites are good if I upload them to the server (hostmonster).

Still getting this annoying message and can't check the websites from my computer.

iMac OS 10.11.6, Chrome Version 64.0.3282.140, Muse 2018.0.0.685

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you all please check and confirm and Preview site in browser option also causes such error?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem until some days!!

I had a fully working Homepage in Muse and never had problems with it.

Just updated one word, exported it and after I am opening the index.html it says the same error as abvoe mentioned!

What is it? Please fix it as fast as possible!!

BTW: This problem only occurs in Chrome. IExplorer + Firefox are working fine with the exported files!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that.

Please share the URL of both sites so we can test it at our ends!

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ankushr40215001​

It's kind of weird:

If I'm uploading it to my ftp server, the page seems to work fine, even in chrome!

If I only export the page from muse to my HDD and open it, the issue above still occurs.

Nevertheless, here is the link to this page:

http://www.werbeantrieb.de/temp/v_css/

As I said: The page seems to work now on my online server. Do I see this right?

Do you think this error is just after the direct export to a local HDD ??

Please gimme some feedback about it.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can check on this only after studying your .muse file.

Would you mind sharing it with me?

For sharing the file you can simply upload it to any file sharing service, like Dropbox, or WeTransfer.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot share this in public, because it's a work for a client.

But maybe you can send me a PM with your email, than I can share it with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

There is no problem in Preview site in browser mode.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview in muse works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, unfortunately this bus has appeared due to some coflict with latest Chrome update.

We have marked this issue as critical and our engineering team has started working for a quick fix of this issue.

Meanwhile we suggest you to opt any other alternate like uploading on Business Catalyst for test or preview site in browser option for checking your site.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Ankush,

Please keep us updated.

Best regards,

George Kuznetsov

[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any development on this as error still occurs. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? You mentioned on 2/13 that this was a known issue and a high priority and here we are more than a month later with no update and no fix ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really .. the problem still exists!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo
Sind Sie evtl. Deutsch? Habe die Webseite besucht, welches Sie gepostet haben....
Wenn ja, haben Sie schon eine Lösung gefunden? Bei uns gehts leider immer noch nicht.

Gruss
Praktik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the URL at www.narfe.org.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm having the same problem, I have a deadline to publish the site next week and having different problems, Chrome Displays the ''Stylesheet error'', Internet Explorer does not show images and the menu lost the ability to drop down.

I'm having also a problems when I export the site as HTML and open any of the files in Dreamweaver, the file appears in blank when in Live view, and in Design view just looks distorted, if I try to preview the file from Dreamweaver in any of the browsers come up with a plain text site, no CSS no Images nothing just the text in a blank page.

The only one that looks to be working fine is Firefox.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines