Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Muse is not opening anymore

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Adobe told uns in 2018 that we can use Muse as an Desktop Aplication after 26th March. Now Muse says I have to change my Payment to use it further... If i change them, nothing hapens...

Is Muse now working as it was said in 2018 or not????????? i would need to use it to manage some older homepages...

best regards

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

In order to keep using Muse, you must be signed-in to a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan. 

AND you must check the box to Show Older Apps in your Creative Cloud Desktop app.  See screenshot.

Creative Cloud Desktop AppCreative Cloud Desktop App

Failing that, you won't be able to keep using Muse because it is discontinued software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the other threads concerning this subject. You don’t even need to use the search command. Simply scoll down a little bit …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the answer! the other treads are no help sorry! I just cant open muse anymore, because the want me to change my payment conditions. if i do that nothing happens... i really dont knwo what to do. in the meantime it seems that i lost my muse 2018.1 version... and i cant find a link to downlaod it as well 😕 maybe you have any ideas! thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some how its working right now !! i restarted it again and again - and now its working 🙂 i hope for some time 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error again... 😕 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to keep using Muse, you must be signed-in to a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan. 

AND you must check the box to Show Older Apps in your Creative Cloud Desktop app.  See screenshot.

Creative Cloud Desktop AppCreative Cloud Desktop App

Failing that, you won't be able to keep using Muse because it is discontinued software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Duplicate post removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it also work when I now sign in for the Creative Cloud All Apps-Plan? Until now i had just Muse & Photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have a PAID All Apps plan.  Trial members don't have access to older apps.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....but it wasn't written like this ... could I buy it now to still use Muse (I'm not the only one, who didn't know...!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me an answer to my question. Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the correct answer again. 

Yes, it works but you must buy a subscription for the Creative Cloud All Apps plan.  That is the only possible way to keep using Muse.   Muse is not sold as a single app like Photoshop because it is a discontinued product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did do that...but from the law it isn't correct, because Adobe didn't tell this in advance...it could come to troubles...and I wouldn't invest in a advocate, but spend against the Corona-virus !!

I'm not happy with this matter ... and I would like to have a disqount in the first year in the Adobe-Box !!!

Thanx in advance,

Jean-François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have ended development on many products -- Muse, Flash, Fuse (beta), Edge Animate, Edge Code, Edge Reflow, GoLive, Fireworks, Director, Freehand, Page Maker and many more.  You may not like it but there is nothing illegal about ending products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they didn't tell me, that i can transfer the sites to somewhere else...I'm not happy with that...I'm not a-Muse-d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I am in the same boat and I don't know what to do.

I just had Illusrator and Muse... the company I work for thinks the All Apps option is too expensive (and I agree) so we just got what I needed. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT true at all. You cannot see older versions of Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This IS true "at all"! As Nancy correctly wrote, you need a "Creative Cloud All Apps Plan".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is a discontinued app.  If you have the paid Creative Cloud All Apps Plan and you tick the settings to Show Older Apps, you will find Muse 2018.1.1 adjacent to Fireworks CS6 (12.0).  On discontinued apps, the last version released is the only version available.   See screenshot.

Discontinued ProductsDiscontinued Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and how long will it goes this way? Just for a year and then we have to find something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and how long will it goes this way? Also just for a year and then we realy have to find something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in this forum many times, this can "go this way" many years, one year, month - it all depends from now on simply of your own OS, either Mac or Windows and on the browsers support of Muse files/-sites. Means: from now on you should really hurry up to find an alternative. This also depends on your OS, there are a lot out there with or without subscription, for Mac only, for Windows only, …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...okay...let's go to wordpress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines