• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my .muse file when switching to a new computer... any chance it's uploaded?

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from a MacBook Pro to a Surface Book 2.

I thought I had transferred all my old files over to the new laptop but it looks like I missed the folder with my website.

Is there any chance the .muse file is uploaded somewhere on your web server when you upload through FTP as a backup?

It's not a big deal as the website is super simple and I was wanting to do a redesign soon anyways, but I was just wondering if this is possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sciulli999,

Sorry to hear about your issue and also sorry for a "No", this isn't a Muse feature.

Once you publish/ export the site, it get's converted into HTML and no longer a part of Muse.

In any case, you want to modify those codes, a code editor like Dreamweaver is the only way.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ankush.

This is disappointing but understandable. I thank you for your kind knowledge and swift answer.

I will get to work on a new website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines