Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<html class="nojs html css_verticalspacer" lang="en-GB">

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<!DOCTYPE html> <html class="nojs html css_verticalspacer" lang="en-GB"> <head>

Hello, I just finished my website in muse, and got it uploaded online. I checked the code a bit, and found the above text. As you can see, the text is at the very top of the page, even before the opening head tag. What is this? I cannot find any info about it online. My main concern is the lang=en-GB. I have a site that is in English and French. 50% of the pages are in English, and 50% are in French. Will this impact SEO? I tried changing the keyboard language, but that did not impact this tag. And besides, my original keyboard language was set to English-US. Also, I tried changing the language of Adobe Muse to French, but no change either. Also, Muse was originally set to EN-US anyway. So where does this EN_GB come from???  Can I change it?  Do I need to change it for SEO? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

If you go to Page Properties and set the language there, it overrides the site language.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey tl,

Although it doesn't have any impact on the SEO of your site, still you can check the properties of your site for the language selected.

See the reference screenshot attached below.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check, but I had english-usa selected there already.  so no english-gb.  But if no problem for seo, no problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if I could add <html lang="fr"> to the head of my French pages?  Using the Adobe muse program, I can only add things to the head, not things before the head.  So can this <html lang="en"> tag be added inside the head of a website????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Page Properties and set the language there, it overrides the site language.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!  Very good!  Thanks you solved the issue!  I applied the language to the master page for each language, and fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines