• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Objects not adjusting when browser size is reduced

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am preparing a new site and am having problems with objects on the master page that neither resize nor move when the browser is downsized. There are no breakpoints used as yet.

I have exported the page as a muse file that I am happy to share. Not quite sure how to do this.

Here are a couple of images that show a before and after resizing.

Can anybody help me out here?

Cheers.....Stuart

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.23.18 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.23.46 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Uwe,

many thanks. Hadn't realised I'd made those settings. In fact, I didn't make any settings. Just didn't change them!!!

Thanks to you and Gunter for the great feedback. Product simpletons like me would be stuck without the great help you guys provide. Is it a Germanic thing??

I want to give you both the 'Correct Answer' thing. Can I?

Cheers...Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your muse file with a new name into your CC (Creative Cloud Files) and by Right Clicking on that file, share a link with us.

Please reduce your site to just one page including master page and it should be pretty easy to share it.

You can either use dropbox or whatever filesharuing you use as well.

On your screenshots I don`t see too many objects that could resize? Your REVIEWS may just need some pinning, in order to let it "move" when downsizing browser window. Objects as your header background should be set to be either responsive or stretched to browser width. But of course all this guessing is useless in case we can have a look at the file.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

I have uploaded the 'Master Page' file to Dropbox. Here is the link.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89pex6ln5s7uod/coffeepeoplebook%20extract.muse?dl=0

I'm sure I've done something stupid but I just cant see it. The more I look the less I see!!

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers....Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your REVIEWS may just need some pinning, in order to let it "move" when downsizing browser window. Objects as your header background should be set to be either responsive or stretched to browser width.

You set up your site as fixed width and so nothing (here REVIEWS) should be outside the minimum width of 320.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 10.08.03.png

Now there are many ways to keep on: set your  width to 960 instead of 320 and you get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 10.16.09.png

In this first case I also set the width of your header bg to "stretch to browser width":

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 10.07.39.png

Second way to keep on: set your master to use fluid width, then you may need to pin your REVIEWS to the right like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 10.11.00.png

So at this point nothing stupid so far. Hope that helps

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

many thanks. Hadn't realised I'd made those settings. In fact, I didn't make any settings. Just didn't change them!!!

Thanks to you and Gunter for the great feedback. Product simpletons like me would be stuck without the great help you guys provide. Is it a Germanic thing??

Cheers...Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter,

this question has been answered already but it's thrown a quick question.

Am I right in saying that, if I use the fluid width option that I can't use scroll effects (parallax effect) on my images?

I'll get the hang of this soon!! 

Cheers...>Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right, no you can`t.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugger!!!!!

I just love a scroll effect!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Cheers...>Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don´t know if that helps now for you but in most cases you have much more control with fixed width breakpoints and it is "responsive enough", if you know what I mean.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chloem56448998  wrote

I am preparing a new site and am having problems...

Adobe stopped Muse development last year so it's no longer receiving updates.   I cannot recommend Muse for anything other than maintaining older  sites.  In my view, new sites should be built with newer software that understands modern Responsive Web Design (RWD). 

Some basic coding skills are all you need to build a responsive layout.   Even if you won't work with code, there are visual designer tools you can try.   See link below.

Re: Muse alternatives - now that the dust has settled

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t feel rejected by Nancy‘s post, Stuart, and share your .muse file with us, just as fotoroeder suggested. We certainly will be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter,

many thanks. I'm not put off by Nancy. She is probably quite right. Problem is, I have used Muse for some time and my current site is done therein.

I have uploaded the extract file to Dropbox at  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89pex6ln5s7uod/coffeepeoplebook%20extract.muse?dl=0

Hope you can correct my stupidity!!

Kind regards...Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Uwe​s​ post, look at this screencast:

Uups! „Resize“in the screencast of course means „resize“!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter,

Thanks to you and Uwe for the great feedback. Product simpletons like me would be stuck without the great help you guys provide. Is it a Germanic thing??

Cheers...Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t. Give the „correct answer“ to fotoroeder! I think he is collecting these kind of awards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gunter.

I'll give the rap to Uwe. Don't want his mission to be slowed!

Thanks so much to both of you for the help. Back in the day, providers used to provide comprehensive User Guides. Nowadays, we need to rely on guys like you to give up their time to pass on their expertise to those of us not particularly skilled in a particular app that we don't use frequently. Frankly, we'd all be struggling if it weren't for you guys. You know your product and you know how to relay that information in a way that simpletons like me can understand.

Cheers....Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines