• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2017 and 1and1 hosting

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated to Muse 2017 I am unable to upload any websites to 1and1 - spent ages on the phone to their support but they cannot get it to work either. I normally use SFTP and it has worked up till this update. Now I get various error messages ranging from failed to retrieve MD5 fingerprint, or folder doesn't exist  to username/password wrong. Wondered if anyone else has had any problems with 1and1 since upgrading to Muse 2017? The SFTP drop down menu only has a tick against the FTP part and I can't use that as 1and1 block port 21

muse2017.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Reply I got today from Adobe support;

"The issue with SFTP has been logged as a bug with the product team.
As of now we do not have any workaround, I would advise you to currently export the site as HTML and upload it via a FTP client.
I apologize for the inconvenience and the bug would be fixed in our future releases."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pure Lemon wrote:

Since I have updated to Muse 2017 I am unable to upload any websites to 1and1 - spent ages on the phone to their support but they cannot get it to work either. I normally use SFTP and it has worked up till this update. Now I get various error messages ranging from failed to retrieve MD5 fingerprint, or folder doesn't exist to username/password wrong. Wondered if anyone else has had any problems with 1and1 since upgrading to Muse 2017? The SFTP drop down menu only has a tick against the FTP part and I can't use that as 1and1 block port 21

• Sftp is port 22 not 21
  • Muse 2017 is a different exe to Muse 2015 so did you make a hole in your local firewall to allow it?
  • try using Dreamweaver to sftp onto Adobe BC... it that works then the error is most likly at the 1and1 host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine in Dreamweaver and also using Fizilla. In Muse the SFTP option doesn't have a tick next to it but instead had a Stop sort of sign which is weird and I assume is something to do with Muse and settings. Very strange and a big pain having to use something else to upload my sites - worked fine before the 2017 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent 90 minutes this morning with support trying to fix the FTP problem with Muse 2017 - end result not only does the 2017 fail in FTP but the 2015.2.1 version I reinstalled also now doesn't work. He spent most of the time renaming stuff on my computer and now the only I can get my computer working again is to restore back to a point a few days ago. Never again will I let anyone from Adobe on my computer.

For what it's worth I have exactly the same problem with using the upload with FTP option in muse 2017 on a second computer.

After 20 years of using Adobe products and this being the first time ever I have needed any help I can only say I am very disappointed in the level of support I have received.

Looks like nobody in Adobe really gives a damn !!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me your support number over a private message? Click my picture and use the Message button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When is fix going to be done by Adobe ?

My SFTP server is at Gandi (fr).

I have just updated Muse to the latest version (Aug 22) and am still gettint the following message: "failed to retrieve MD5 fingerprint"

PLease help,

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here using Muse CC 2017.1 release with Gandi.  Looks like Muse needs to support more ciphers, on my test ubuntu server I added support for aes256-cbc and it now works.  Would also have worked if Muse supported any of the Ciphers: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the FTP not working through 1and1......I have to upload everything through FileZilla....if someone could help me resolve this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath - haven't heard from Adobe for 10 days now so not exactly a good customer care service. If others are having problems then looks like a bug in the software - why we can't manually enter the details like in Filezilla and Dreamweaver is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Worked fine in before I upgraded. I can connect to my FTP with Transmit, but nothing works with Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, since 1&1 changed their settings to "SFTP" and Port 22 instead of Port 21, they also changed the dresses from

"www.yourdomain.com" it was changed to something like

"home123456789.1and1-data.host".

Not to be a smartass, did you take care of this?

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried just about everything - 1and1 tried all that settings but something in Muse blocks everything - as I said Dreamweaver 2017 works fine as you can manually set it up - if only Muse could let users do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is quite strange, because on a clients site: home ​I did not have this issue. Which country is it, you are asking from?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT the UK and UK servers I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only proposal I can give, make them watch the german 1&1 branch. As I already showed, my clients site works with Muse 2017.0.

I did an update only several days ago. The site was build in Muse 2016.x.x  or so and the client and I did an update

and for this I had to update the Museversion as well to 2017.0.

As I did again read – sometimes it´s not really the best to make every update so fast in order to test their beta version (it`s the same sometimes with Apple, I don`t know about Microsoft and their updates).

Keeping this in mind, I hope they all do their job more and more better and say cheerio.

Last, maybe dumb suggestion: change username and password as well in the clients section from 1&1 website and

take over all those changes to MUSE as well. Maybe this helps as well?

On German servers, when trying to create a new password (handle the stuff, like you have lost password and create a new one)

you can of course use still the same password then before, Username could be changed, I guess.

Maybe this helps? If you need completely new username and password it might be tricky for your client, if he even needs those information!?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply I got today from Adobe support;

"The issue with SFTP has been logged as a bug with the product team.
As of now we do not have any workaround, I would advise you to currently export the site as HTML and upload it via a FTP client.
I apologize for the inconvenience and the bug would be fixed in our future releases."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pity, really, isn`t it? Why are we beta testers? It is quite inconvenient for your client and you, right?

Keep your head up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When 1 and 1 swithced to sftp for upload at first it caused a problem for me to upload but all you have to do to make it work is update your hosting wth the new sftp hosting and set it to auto detect the ssl/tsl then when you get to the next screen instead of putting ftp.www.examplesite.com put the full urlhttp://www.examplesite.com put the name of the folder that it needs to go to if you created that and it should work. Hope this helps. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great – good to know, that I am not the only one with no issue with that .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now, we have 2018!!! The problem is still there... is that a joke from adobe.

I have the same problem here with 1and1 (MD5 Fingerprint) Any solution????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines