• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

muse 2018.1.1 update

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy's i've seen this new upadte to Muse as 2018.1.1 does anyone know what it is.

Ricky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering the same thing... I can't find any release notes, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what it does, but it does remove ALL the "built in" Social Media widgets from the Widget Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only benefit is to Adobe and certainly not the user. How kind of them to take my money and scr*w me at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Paul, yep thats what it does, remove all social media widgets, I'll leave it out for now thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Muse-themes social widgets anyway. But I would like to know what they updated. The startup page looks more like Photoshop now. Seems to be working fine so far. I'm curious if it'll be compatible with Apple's new Catalina OS coming out soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing 2018.1.1 for Muse in the desktop app under Windows 10.

It stops at 2018.1.0 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone done the update. I'm afraid to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I had Muse installed on my Windows10, but the 2018.1.1 update came.muse.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend when opening already existing websites/muse-files, to safe them with a new name as a new file. Only like this you´ll have a backup and will be able to open the original website with the last working muse version. I would not just overwrite the already existing website.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend when opening already existing websites/muse-files, to safe them with a new name as a new file. Only like this you´ll have a backup and will be able to open the original website with the last working muse version. I would not just overwrite the already existing website. Kind Regards, Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for my and my panel CC, says to me the same.

It seems like a joke!...

The ONLY NEWS is, disappear social media widgets!!! 

FAN_TAS_TI_CO!!!    :_____(((((

My recomendation: 

DO NOT UPGRADE!!!! (until we have nrws about this upgrade and the benefits to upgrade)

Meanwhile, in this NEW forum "Adobe Muse Comunity" NO RESPONSES and I do not write nothing, I asked in this forum and says to me something about spam... my messages are spam??? I don't believe about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a vague description in the CC App about the update, something about licences and compatibility. But more importantly, the update seems to uninstall 'creative widgets that were available earlier'. 

Untill I know exactly what that means, I am definately not running the update!

Maybe some Adobe-rep can shed some light on this?

JvR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have GDPR-reasons (DSGVO in Germany), why all these social media widgets have been deinstalled. It is quite tricky to use the"f" or similar widgets/buttons without knowing exactly what to do with them and to inform users about it. I installed the latest Muse but have no experience so far. As I wrote further up, I recommend to NOT just overwrite existing Muse-Sites but instead save with a new name a new and so additional .muse. Only like this you´ll be able to go back to earlier Muse-Versions and reopen the existing Muse-Websites. Kind Regards, Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe!

As you have updated, could you please try this:

Open an older document containing a social media widget with the newest version of Muse. Does it work?

If yes, there is a way to transfer these widgets into the newest Muse version by creating a document with all these widgets before updating, open this document in 2018.1.1 and copy the widgets into the Muse library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, before update Muse, I want to know a bit more about the 'Licences' part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes surprised to see this update too. Although I used html widgets from twitter / facebook for social feeds, reluctant to upgrade for a supposed end of life product, unless it's specifically about OS fixes. Having stopped my business due to Muse collapsing, this update is a surprise unless its for core stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems logical ... but ... why Adobe doesn't write anything about this update and about the core stability, and they only say about uninstalling social media widgets ... trick, treat or trap? ...

We remember yet what happened to application licenses years ago (apps and licenses in DVD ...)

I don't like this uncertainty, and I don't like not knowing things clearly and in writing ... Why don't they say anything about this update on the Adobe Muse site? It would be much easier, and we wouldn't be writing about this ... everything is unusual and dark... will see but, Our jobs depend on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we're lucky, they've removed the need to activate the software. But... I kinda doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping Adobe can chime in here and clarify things. I'm not about to update if it means I lose the all the social widgets, especially youtube embedding. Seems pretty cheesy to strip features without a solid explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From on-line tech support: "I will like to inform you that the widgets will be removed in 2018.1.1 due to security reasons." Delightfully vague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if Adobe would put a bulleted list of what's being updated in the Creative Cloud console, so you don't have to go hunt for release notes. And in the case of Muse, hunting for release notes that don't exist. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some more details (albeit not a lot) from Adobe on the update. They told me the following:

"Hi David, from what I know changes in the update are to help support Muse on the latest version of Mac OS.

I received confirmation from the team that changes to licensing was an internal change, and it does not impact your subscription in any way."

So there you go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂 Are you able to reply to them and ask specifically what they mean by the reference to Social Media Widgets? And why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the update on my iMac a few days ago and Muse was removed from my Mac. I kid you not. I immdiently shut down the Creative Cloud app on my MacBook so the same thing wouldn't happen. It's just gone. Nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines