• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2018.1 Crashing during FTP Process

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows 10 user.  Sometimes Muse crashes as I am filling in new FTP information to start the upload process.  Usually right as I fill in my ftp account username it crashes.  Has anyone else encountered this and how to fix it?  This happens on both of my machines (desktop (Win 10 1903 May Update AND laptop:  Win 10 1809 update). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

1. Before launching Muse, disconnect your computer from the Internet.

2. Launch Muse. 

3. Enter FTP log-in details.

4. Reconnect to the Internet.

NOTE:  Muse is discontinued.  It will never be updated or supported again. Use at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘d try to export your site as HTML (File menu) and upload the data manually using a FTP application. If this works (or not) we can investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after Windows 10 update to 1903, on two machines too. Before this I never got this bug at all.

And I noticed that the program crached immediately after filling the field 'FTP-server', other fields did not create any problem.

The export to HTML now works without any problem (and naturally is only remaining way to get the site to server).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!

here is what i did to fix it for now!

Open any old website that you have uploaded to ftp and credentials are saved for FTP!

Save as new site and delete everything to build from scratch.

While uploading change the new url and public folder.

Note: It works for me because i am uploading to same server and doesn't need to change the FTP account!

Hopefully @Günter Heißenbüttel​​ can help solving the issue without restoring the windows version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows just updated last night and whammo, I am having the same problem. Infuriating.

Any real solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, the updates that were installed last night were these two:

Any idea what settings may have been changed by one of those that could be creating our issue? And what can be done to correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I can open the site, make changes and save.  Once i type ftp address in and tab Muse crashes and closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not going to help Specially when there is no support for the product. I end up restoring my windows to the previous version to make it work. Else you can export the files as html and manual upload from third party like filezilla. Or directly upload to the website directly from your hosting cpanel.

If you want to have the upgrades by all means there is a way!!!

open an existing website that already has your ftp information save as a copy and delete the content and start working on it from the scratch. This wont crash and will let you update the ftp information.

Its annoying but only way to handle this.

Lets hope Adobe Realize and relaunch the muse project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Farru,

I appreciate your comments. However they are only marginally helpful because:

1. REVERT WINDOWS:  As far as I can tell, Windows will only allow you to revert for a time, and then will force update you some weeks later anyway.

2. RE-USE OLDER PROJECTS WITH FTP:  You already posted this suggestion, and I thank you for it. HOWEVER, while I cannot speak to your livelihood and work needs, I can tell you that being restricted to only work with existing websites/projects does not work for me. Nor would it work for anyone I know in the business. So the suggestion is of very limited value. UNLESS, there is a way to CHANGE the FTP of that existing project, which you do not indicate. But I have tried and it crashes as well.

I will say that your suggestion does shed some light on troubleshooting the problem. It indicates that if we can still upload with existing FTP settings, then it is merely something to do with the handshaking process needed when Muse first looks for the site.

Either way, there was obviously a change in some file with the Win update. And if someone could narrow that file down, perhaps we can swap it out for the older version and fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why not simply use the „Save as HTML command and use an extern FTP software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because its suppose to work with the program.  ANd Tech support for muse runs till 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add to what Joe said and say my main reason is the amazing convenience it gives you. Plus the ease of use, and the efficiency of merely using one key-command and being able to "only update changed files", and not bother updating all the unchanged files. Huge time saver with a large site.

I'm sure there are ways to streamline using an external FTP tool (which I used to use and am back to Filezilla as of this morning!), but it's hard to make that as efficient.

No, not the end of the world. Not trying to blow it out of proportion. But it is sweet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to us.  We get around it by exporting HTML and uploading via FTP client.  However, the PRIMARY REASON we need to upload via MUSE FTP is because our clients can NO LONGER USE ADOBE IN-BROWSER EDITING unless the site is uploaded via MUSE FTP.   It says so when you try to login to Adobe In-browser Editing with sites u/p.

For us, this is a HUGE problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently your server isn't compatible with Muse's FTP and In-Browser Editing.  I suggest you migrate Muse projects now to WordPress or WebFlow because Muse is EOL and has little future left.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with a Microsoft Windows update and we have been able to successfully reset MUSE FTP UPLOAD login credentials and resume utilizing both MUSE FTP UPLOAD and In-Broweser Editing (IBE) for our clients by disabling our network adapters in device manager (disconnecting from internet), entering the correct FTP login credentials in Muse, then reenabling network adapters and internet access to finsh publishing successfully using MUSE FTP UPLOAD as mentioned in a previous post on this blog.

It only needs to be done once, after which MUSE ‘remembers’ and no longer crashes when using the MUSE FTP UPLOAD feature. We can easily live with this work-a-round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well and here it is, October 1, 2019. Why can't someone just FIX the issue at hand instead of telling us to do something most of us don't know HOW to do! Muse is supposed to be easy and do all that work FOR us that's why we use it in the first place.

I figured out how to use Filezilla to upload the files to my server (I use GoDaddy) but instead of being able to upload the changed files, I have to upload ALL the files which takes a long time. In Muse, just the changed files were uploaded and took only a few seconds. That's one of the many reasons why Adobe should get on this problem and fix it. It seems to me that they have already just tossed us to the curb even though they said we'd have support until 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.. as soon as I enter IP address in the the "FTP Server" field it will crash as soon as Tabbing to next field... I am not a professional, just someone that uses Muse as a hobby and with this issue I am truly unable to move forward and post my work created. Can someone please advise and fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disconnecting from the Internet before you launch Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, son of a gun!!!! That worked!!! Thank you so much Nancy!!!

What I did was just unplug my router from my desktop, opened my Muse file, clicked on "Publish" and filled in my information. When I got the message, "The server couldn't be found" I just plugged my router back in and BINGO!!! It took it and we were off to the races!!!

Thank you again so much Nancy! You saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... Bust my Buttons!!! That totaly worked, I dont know why nor care, but it completely solved my problem as well.

THANKS Nancy!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. The FTP window when not online only said FTP Server Not Found. The next button didn't do anything.. When I turned the internet back on, Muse crashed right away. Without internet it lets you publish to HTML but that is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me either...not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I did:

1- Before I opened up Muse, I disconnected my router by unplugging it from my tower (on a desktop). From a laptop, just disconnect from your wifi.

2- Once your are offline, open up your Muse file and click on the Publish down arrow to make sure you'll be publishing to FTP Host.

3- When the dialog box comes up, enter your information. If it already has it entered for you and is correct, I would reenter the password just to make sure this is correct.

4- Make sure the "Store Credentials" box is checked.

5- You should see a warning that says, "FTP server not found."

6- Reconnect to your router or connect to your wifi and wait until you are back online then click on "Next." If all your information was entered correctly, it should connect to the FTP server and you're good to go.

After doing this, mine no longer crashes and works fine. I had to repeat this process on my laptop as well after completing it on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant.  Updating the credentials while offline is the fix!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines