Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse: Load file from web hosting cPanel to recreate the website file

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I formatted my macbook and I don't have anymore the file of creation of a website. Now my client wants to add some pages to the website and I don't know how to do that. There is any way to import in Muse files from the hosting panel (html or other files) and recreate the original website file on the software to modify it? Thanks a lot. Have a lovely day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

If you know the code and know Dreamweaver, then of course you can edit the site in this way. But not in the Muse.

In order to edit the site in Dreamweaver, you need to download all the files of your site, create a new site in Dreamweaver and put all your files in the folder of this site. After that you can start editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way other than to recreate the site manually from scratch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answer Pavel. I read on another forum that is possible to download the file and uploaded on Dreamweaver (even if I don't know what file), what do you think about it? Here is the link Lost .muse project file....download and edit published muse site?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know the code and know Dreamweaver, then of course you can edit the site in this way. But not in the Muse.

In order to edit the site in Dreamweaver, you need to download all the files of your site, create a new site in Dreamweaver and put all your files in the folder of this site. After that you can start editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to Pavels answer.

Dreamweaver is not a visual site creation tool, and unless you know how to code editing in Dw will be difficult, though possible. Also adding anything that you would normally use a Muse plug-in for is not possible.

Edit: Also in-browser editing will no longer work, as the files will have been modified outside of Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines