• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse responsive elements overlapping not pushing

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am losing my mind with this one. I have a single page responsive site and I'm having all sorts of issues where the responsive elements when resizing are overlapping (or going underneath) rather than pushing the lower items down. I have repeatedly checked and double checked that the elements 'touch' and the blue indicator line appears so from what I understand this is meant to mean that they will push each other when responding to width changes.

Some of the items are working whereas others aren't. I have deleted and recreated items and this has only pushed the problem to other parts of the site.

It is infuriating! Anyone else having these issues and have you found an answer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Thanks Uwe, but I think I found the answer.

Yes, unpinning in this latest Muse version helps a lot. Also, I have found that any element (text, graphic, image, it doesn't seem to matter) that is set to 'stretch to browser width' will not be pushed by another element above it if that element is not 'stretch to browser width' as well. For example: a text box that is just 'responsive width' in a layout above a coloured box that is set to 'stretch to full width' -  when resizing the browser that text

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a simple, reduced to your issue, .muse, following these instructions:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

You could also start with screenshots.

Elements not pushing down – text?pictures?graphic elements?

Sometimes grouping is a solution, sometimes pinning/unpinning helps a lot, especially since the latest release of muse.

So, let´s start the game and go for it …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe, but I think I found the answer.

Yes, unpinning in this latest Muse version helps a lot. Also, I have found that any element (text, graphic, image, it doesn't seem to matter) that is set to 'stretch to browser width' will not be pushed by another element above it if that element is not 'stretch to browser width' as well. For example: a text box that is just 'responsive width' in a layout above a coloured box that is set to 'stretch to full width' -  when resizing the browser that text box will either overlap or underlap the coloured box (depending on which is in front). If they are both set to 'responsive width' or both set to 'stretch to browser width' then they will push each other with a width change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking time to share your solution with us. Much appreciate it. It will help other users here with a similar issue.

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the same realization that I had, but it no longer works on certain pages. Regardless of whether all text and objects are unpinned and set to responsive, objects still fail to push down, so I'm not sure what causes this but it definitely seems like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please open a new thread as this one is marked as solved and so you won`t get too many people in here to have a look.

Then you could get a little more specific and maybe you share a .muse with us?

Please only one page only the some of the misbehaving elements.

You could follow these rules:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!​

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. This issues needs to be fixed with an update and fixed now. I have several websites I'm making for clients that I can't finish until this is fixed!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also able to solve this with a mixture of removing centred pinning and spacing of elements, attaching, and testing different responsive 100% width techniques — but only after I had identified the CORRECT breakpoint in which to make these edits. I had been working for hours on the wrong breakpoint! Make sure you are in the right space ——— just sayin'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue for me.

Ever since the update, I have had to manually change almost every page on every website I've built for clients. This has taken me days and cost me valuable hours.

Why has this been changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines