• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Site Page Upload Issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a fairly common problem to run into, with this or any web development software. But my problem seems specific to Muse, as far as I can tell. Below is a link to a website we have developed. All the pages seem to load fairly quickly on a desktop or laptop browser. But when the site is visited on mobile, the pages load in an odd way. Specifically, the home page will show the normal progress bar, but the screen will stay entirely white until a few seconds after the bar is finished loading. This leaves an awkward 5 second pause that the visitor has to go through when first coming to the site.

The "Hood" page is a more extreme example. Once again, on desktop and laptop browsers, it loads fine. But for whatever reason, it takes a full 15 to 20 seconds on a mobile browser, and the visitor is left with the same white screen until the entire page is finished loading.

My first question is, which I don't know exactly how to word, can Muse make the pages gradually show themselves to the visitor in real time as it loads, as opposed to the visitor staring at a blank screen until the entire page is ready?

And my second question is, what exactly is causing the Hood page to load so slowly? When I run it through a performance test, the only elements that significantly slow the page down are the two html videos. Both videos have been optimized for web and significantly reduced in file sizes, so I don't know how to fix them any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Hey David,

Please share the URL of your site so we can test it at our end.

There might be several factors like heavy images, videos or any incorrect third-party widgets.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey David,

Please share the URL of your site so we can test it at our end.

There might be several factors like heavy images, videos or any incorrect third-party widgets.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines