• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Websites Not Displaying on Chrome (Mobile)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've noticed something odd with all of my adobe muse-created websites. None of them are displaying on chrome on Android. (S8 - latest firmware)

They open fine on different browsers on my Samsung but i'm getting a blank screen on Chrome. Tried refreshing, clearing cache etc.

This has started around a week ago so I presume it's due to an update with Chrome as I haven't updated a few of my websites in quite a while.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Is there any known workaround?

One website example that isn't displaying is Accredited Edinburgh Electricians - McElhone Electrical Services

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

the basic problem is a re-direct script has to know what type of device it is before it can send the correct layout

a lot of devices don't fit inside the nice simple boxes of ipad or blackberry and many people block scripts from running for private | security reasons so then you end up looking at blank landing pages which Google will mark your score down for having

the only part of the internet that stays the same is that everything changes and its up to you to keep up with those changes if you wa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, google will not fix it as the blocking of page redirects, (js client side) is seen as a user security enhancement. It was I am told first announced just over a year ago, (I wonder if the Muse team had prior notice?) but the android chrome browser with the additional security feature, (not to be confused with the Chrome browser for android) has only in the latest OS been incorporated.

As time goes by, the problem will be encountered by more users, and possibly also on iOS devices also, as browsers tend to follow each others security enhancements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which again leads to the only solution for pureweb1 and Xaviers question: (except/additional the one to change the app for getting a website) Create the site(s) responsive instead of adaptive.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand changing through responsive sites but how do I comment to make a web responsive in adobe muse is a very difficult job sometimes it shows an error that does not fit the mobile when it adapts that it loses a lot of time although adobe muse needed to improve more for the respons make it easier to work with no errors, for example the webydo program is very easy to do responsive and saves less time but the plan is very expensive and you can not export files in HTML5

Attached the link of this program as it worked would have developed that there is adobe muse but updating again for example that says Adobe Muse XCloud CC 2019 for example and improve everything in the cloud as well as this web is great is almost the same as adobe muse but They look a little different but not so much it's very similar.

https://www.webydo.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try blocs for mac if you use mac. To change adaptive to responsive should not create errors at all. Just think of one more breakpoint per page with the same fixed width of your phone versions, copy and paste everything and all should be pretty much done.

You may of course check form page to page though. It´s not a job done in 5 minutes but maybe 5 minutes per page? So approximatly 1 day per site? Nothing more easy than try it on one page and see how long it takes. You should also inform your clients about the issue

and that you work on it, of course. As of this reading there´s no other way, I´m afraid. How many sites did you do with MUSE?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have also created 80 pages total adobe muse although it is difficult to pass it to the responsive page and I also lose a lot of time and as it contains widgets, blog of qooqee of everything and that starts many errors when you make the web responsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

It was I am told first announced just over a year ago, (I wonder if the Muse team had prior notice?)

that Muse was going end of life = yes

I don't know if the 'team' talked to anyone outside Adobe but I very much doubt it because they would be talking out-side the buddle

as time goes on Muse will be more and more out of step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula is talking about the Google Chrome announcement that basically kills re-direct scripts by default.   I don't know if Muse developers had any early  notice that was coming.   Probably not.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new widgets arrived ready to redirect the tablet and mobile, all solved must enter the link that solves it without problems

Free Widget - Fix the Muse Mobile Redirect Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Xavier Frasser​, for this information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link! Where did you actually download the widget from though? I can't seem to find a link anywhere. I don't know if i'm being blind/dumb, or both. Any help would be fantastic !

One strange thing I noticed with the code that @John Vandervlugt posted, although very helpful, when you have a 3rd party website provide a link to a specific area of your page, it will always revert them back to the homepage.

So for example, I have a widget on one of my sites which is meant to take the user to a specific sub page once the widget is complete, however it doesn't do this, it takes the user back to the homepage. This is only on the mobile site when I use John Vandervlugt's script.

Did anyone notice this? It's weird because any links that are on my website to other pages work fine.

And If i don't use John's script, then the widget will take the user to the correct page, but will take them to that page on the desktop site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you really read the MuseThemes link?

There is no download link, but a form, which asks you for name and email address. Once you filled it in, and sent it you will instantly get a download link via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Gunter.

When I turned my Adblocker off and refreshed the page, the form you were referring to appeared.

So if anyone has difficulty finding that form, try disabling any "Adblocker" browser plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this too.

These redirect fixes will always take the user to the homepage, so direct links to other parts of your site won't work.

If the user is on their mobile and has a direct link to /about-us they'll always end up on the homepage.

Overall a very helpful fix but I wish there was a workaround for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pregovsky  wrote

Cheers Gunter.

When I turned my Adblocker off and refreshed the page, the form you were referring to appeared.

So if anyone has difficulty finding that form, try disabling any "Adblocker" browser plugins.

Great, now tell me how you will inform site visitors that they have to turn off their 'AdBlocker'?

Then how many you expect to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

´One strange thing I noticed with the code that @John Vandervlugt posted, although very helpful, when you have a 3rd party website provide a link to a specific area of your page, it will always revert them back to the homepage.´

Yes I noticed this problem.. how to fix it?

It also happens when I use the widget from Muse Themes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then I'm reviewing the program which is better to make a web easy in responsive without so complicated to save less time and better design.

www.webydo.com - copy and drag

www.webflow.com - Block

www.websitex5.com - Block

www.blocsapp.com - Softest block

And I'm thinking which is better than being able to do the whole web without having a problem with the clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.webydo.com - copy and drag

www.webflow.com - Block

www.websitex5.com - Block

www.blocsapp.com - Softest block

www.websitex5.com: Their own website is not proper responsive from my point of view so …

webydo.com: not proper responsive as well (spacing)

blocsapp.com: one fee and you own it. CMS available, must be paid by client of course - costs some more than in MUSE times, but hey

webflow.com: not really cheap (in my terms)

The rest might be a question of money, I guess. Be aware of hosting as well.

Did you create 80 pages or 80 sites?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED    FIXED     WORKS

ADD (copy) This code below,  to the master page properties (under Metadata tab) in the HTML for Head Text Area

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

var checkBrowser=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var isAndroid=checkBrowser.indexOf('android')>-1;var isiPhone=checkBrowser.indexOf('iphone')>-1;var isiPod=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipod')>-1;var isiPad=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipad')>-1;var isMobile=checkBrowser.indexOf('mobile')>-1;if(isiPhone||isiPod){document.location="phone/ index.html";}

if(isiPad){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&!isMobile){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&isMobile){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(blackberry||opera||mini||palm||smartphone||iemobile){document.location="phone/index.htm l";}

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="phone/index.html";}</script>

THEN in the Main File goto File menu then Site Properties. under layout tab, use the layout drop down to go to the phone layout, then UNCHECK Redirect From Desktop checkbox. this gets rid of muse's redirect code and uses the javascript (above) on the master page. to do the redirect. WORKS!!!  yea........Boooooyyyy....!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still feel very strongly that a re-direct script is the wrong approach to take.  Just build 1 site layout responsively to fit all devices and you won't need any re-direct scripts.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to ask an important question but this code works only mobile and the tablet where is the code ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED    FIXED     WORKS

ADD (copy) This code below,  to the master page properties (under Metadata tab) in the HTML for Head Text Area

var checkBrowser=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var isAndroid=checkBrowser.indexOf('android')>-1;var isiPhone=checkBrowser.indexOf('iphone')>-1;var isiPod=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipod')>-1;var isiPad=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipad')>-1;var isMobile=checkBrowser.indexOf('mobile')>-1;if(isiPhone||isiPod){document.location="phone/ index.html";}

if(blackberry||opera||mini||palm||smartphone||iemobile){document.location="phone/index.htm l";}

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="phone/index.html";}</script>

THEN in the Main File goto File menu then Site Properties. under layout tab, use the layout drop down to go to the phone layout, then UNCHECK Redirect From Desktop checkbox. this gets rid of muse's redirect code and uses the javascript (above) on the master page. to do the redirect. WORKS!!!  yea........Boooooyyyy....!!!!

this covers most of the scenarios, it's Not a Perfect Solution!!   But if you have $1000s a month worth of websites down and you are about to lose your job. This will get you back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the code already works my cell phone is redirected but I ask you this code works for TABLET but I do not see the tablet code that is redirected to see if the tablet is also compatible ...

I am very attentive

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change these 3 line to tablet instead of phone

if(isiPad){document.location="tablet/index.html";}  // cover ipad

if(isAndroid&&!isMobile){document.location="tablet/index.html";}  // covers android that is not a phone

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="tablet/index.html";} // cover all the other no name brands

So, copy this fixed code below and replace it with 1st code that only works on phones.  Tell if this fixes it.

if(isiPad){document.location="tablet/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&!isMobile){document.location="tablet/index.html";}

if(blackberry||opera||mini||palm||smartphone||iemobile){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="tablet/index.html";}</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clever thank you very much for your help that the ulitmo code that is complete is already included tablet and mobile truth ...

I am very attentive

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines