• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Websites Not Displaying on Chrome (Mobile)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've noticed something odd with all of my adobe muse-created websites. None of them are displaying on chrome on Android. (S8 - latest firmware)

They open fine on different browsers on my Samsung but i'm getting a blank screen on Chrome. Tried refreshing, clearing cache etc.

This has started around a week ago so I presume it's due to an update with Chrome as I haven't updated a few of my websites in quite a while.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Is there any known workaround?

One website example that isn't displaying is Accredited Edinburgh Electricians - McElhone Electrical Services

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

the basic problem is a re-direct script has to know what type of device it is before it can send the correct layout

a lot of devices don't fit inside the nice simple boxes of ipad or blackberry and many people block scripts from running for private | security reasons so then you end up looking at blank landing pages which Google will mark your score down for having

the only part of the internet that stays the same is that everything changes and its up to you to keep up with those changes if you wa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an error the only thing that shows well the cell phone is Android but the cell phone iphone does not work this way you do not see anything the cell phone page for IPHONE ... that is, the code is not working for Iphone you can fix this so that it works also for iphone.

Enter the link and you will see that the cell phone works only android if it is correct but the iphone does not work, you do not see anything

www.santala.com.co

www.labonet.co

I am very attentive

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

var checkBrowser=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var isAndroid=checkBrowser.indexOf('android')>-1;var isiPhone=checkBrowser.indexOf('iphone')>-1;var isiPod=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipod')>-1;var isiPad=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipad')>-1;var isMobile=checkBrowser.indexOf('mobile')>-1;if(isiPhone||isiPod){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(isiPad){document.location="tablet/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&!isMobile){document.location="tablet/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&isMobile){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(blackberry||opera||mini||palm||smartphone||iemobile){document.location="phone/index.htm l";}

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="tablet/index.html";}</script>

In this line of code it had a space between the / and index if(isiPhone||isiPod){document.location="phone/ index.html";}

Recopy the code above (It is Now Fixed) and Try Again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps adding that space to the code when i save it. So i moved that line of code down, it should save correctly. just copy this code below and try again.

var checkBrowser=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var isAndroid=checkBrowser.indexOf('android')>-1;var isiPhone=checkBrowser.indexOf('iphone')>-1;var isiPod=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipod')>-1;var isiPad=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipad')>-1;var isMobile=checkBrowser.indexOf('mobile')>-1;

if(isiPhone||isiPod){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(isiPad){document.location="tablet/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&!isMobile){document.location="tablet/index.html";}

if(blackberry||opera||mini||palm||smartphone||iemobile){document.location="phone/index.htm l";}

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="tablet/index.html";}</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That time it worked. copy the code above, or just remove that space between / and index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much John Vandervlugt it works well super great congratulations you're a hard code thank you for your help I have the last question you think that adobe muse can continue to make the web or it is better that we do not use more adobe muse to see if there is a future that we can create more web with adobe muse or use another program is better not to use more adobe muse truth ..

I am very attentive

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use Muse for new projects.  It's time to switch to another app or service.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Xavier+Frasser  wrote

Thank you very much John Vandervlugt it works well super great congratulations you're a hard code thank you for your help I have the last question you think that adobe muse can continue to make the web or it is better that we do not use more adobe muse to see if there is a future that we can create more web with adobe muse or use another program is better not to use more adobe muse truth ..

I am very attentive

regards

The simple answer is no one knows, but like others I would say use the responsive method.

One item that has not been touched on, is that in almost all G20 countries now, a web site is classified as a product, that means it must be fit for purpose. The general time frame for that condition to apply for a website is normally about 3years, after which time, 'the guarantee runs out'.

Anything goes wrong durring that time, you would normally be expected to fix for free.

Even coding is not a guaranteed method, and not everyone wants to code. But it generally does have a much longer 'shelf life', and is easier to fix should there be a problem in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the bug is fixed bij Google Chrome, I deleted the widget/code and the website is showing again on Google Chrome ...

Does anyone notice this too? Or am I dreaming ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hope that it's true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please were I should copy this code in the <head> ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have found this

var checkBrowser=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var isAndroid=checkBrowser.indexOf('android')>-1;var isiPhone=checkBrowser.indexOf('iphone')>-1;var isiPod=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipod')>-1;var isiPad=checkBrowser.indexOf('ipad')>-1;var isMobile=checkBrowser.indexOf('mobile')>-1;if(isiPhone||isiPod){document.location="phone/ index.html";}

if(isiPad){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(isAndroid&&!isMobile){document.location="phone/index.html";}

if(xoom||playbook||tablet||kindle){document.location="phone/index.html";}</script>

from The Chrome Mobile now cannot load any of My Muse Website pages. How to fix it?

and works!!

The problem is that ... only on iPhone I read "page not found"

How can it be possible????

Thank you for help

Silvia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silvia musethems has a widget called Fix

Em sex, 9 de ago de 2019 às 06:44, silviac62296678 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

escreveu:

Muse Websites Not Displaying on Chrome (Mobile) created by silviac62296678

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/silviac62296678> in *Help with using

Adobe Muse* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/11204818#11204818>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MuseThemes widget is a really fine approach, but unfortunately it doesn’t work correctly (in my eyes):

If you have a desktop and a phone layout, but no tablet layout, on a tablet the (zoomed) phone layout will be shown. Since most tablets have a very good screen resolution, it would be much(!) better, if the desktop layout is displayed – and this is the way, Muse worked (and still works, except on the newest Google for Android browser.

So, using the MuseThemes widget, you site will look fine on smart phones, but really embarrassing on an iPad for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has updated with version 76 and the websites are working again! Does anyone notice this too?

This means the problem is solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the best you can hope for is a temp patch... Muse is end of life guys... stop using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each Master Page in a Muse Adaptive website, eg. Desktop, Tablet, Mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From reading and understanding I would ude each Masrerpage - yes. Simply try it. If it doesn`t work on one Master, you should try all Masters. Still I recommend (it is recommended anyway – SEO-Rankings) to change adaptive into responsive websites.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I found the Muse Themes Widget post, applied that and It worked immediately. Thank you Muse Themes

I put the widget on the Desktop Master Page, they didn't explain what Master Page it should go on either.

Only have two Muse Adaptive websites live, which were built many years ago.

I understand there are a lot of people who have a huge backlog of Muse sites to deal with. Best thing to do is help these people with their transition, which isn't going to happen overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the basic problem is a re-direct script has to know what type of device it is before it can send the correct layout

a lot of devices don't fit inside the nice simple boxes of ipad or blackberry and many people block scripts from running for private | security reasons so then you end up looking at blank landing pages which Google will mark your score down for having

the only part of the internet that stays the same is that everything changes and its up to you to keep up with those changes if you want to stay current

Good luck with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about? The code snippet published here in the forum or the MuseThemes widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstood pziecina​! They had to disable their adblocker to download the widget, not to display the correct page layout on visitor‘s side!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying Gunter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines