• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse Websites Not Displaying on Chrome (Mobile)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've noticed something odd with all of my adobe muse-created websites. None of them are displaying on chrome on Android. (S8 - latest firmware)

They open fine on different browsers on my Samsung but i'm getting a blank screen on Chrome. Tried refreshing, clearing cache etc.

This has started around a week ago so I presume it's due to an update with Chrome as I haven't updated a few of my websites in quite a while.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Is there any known workaround?

One website example that isn't displaying is Accredited Edinburgh Electricians - McElhone Electrical Services

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

the basic problem is a re-direct script has to know what type of device it is before it can send the correct layout

a lot of devices don't fit inside the nice simple boxes of ipad or blackberry and many people block scripts from running for private | security reasons so then you end up looking at blank landing pages which Google will mark your score down for having

the only part of the internet that stays the same is that everything changes and its up to you to keep up with those changes if you wa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question to everybody, who uses the MuseThemes „Redirect Fix" widget:

I see one crucial issue with this widget:

One of my older sites has a fixed width desktop and phone layout, a tablet layout doesn’t exist.

After placing your widget onto the desktop master page, setting it to „Desktop and Mobile only" and deselecting the „redirect“ option, on an iPad the phone site is shown. Considering the resolution of an iPad this is definitely not desirable. The desktop site should be shown instead.

Does somebody of the widget users experience the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT'S WAS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve the blank page problem by installing wordpress on my hosting server and using the MWuse plugin. It is working perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THE FIX: Muse Theme's Mobile Redirect widget. You will have to do this for every Muse site that has a non-responsive Mobile version: https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/redirect-fix. IMPORTANT NOTE: To download the free widget, you will have to enter your name and email address in the gray signup box under the header image, and sign up for their emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines