• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE with Business Catalyst/transition to third party MUSE supporter

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am entrenched in to using Muse and Business Catalyst to post web sites.

My most recent experience using my web host is this:  They suggest I upload my MUSE program using either FTP or HTML upload.  Both destroy the original MUSE file so it gets really wacky and does not appear the same as it does in the MUSE preview to browser program.  

In the past, I always used publish to Business Catalyst and all worked fine. 

To view my MUSE web site program, go to foxvp.net.  It looks fine now because it is going through Business Catalyst right now.  But by the end of March, Business Catalyst is shutting down.

Is there a current 3rd party company that can get an upload of a MUSE program and display it correctly on the web.

Thanks for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Who is your web host?
  2. Did you enter the correct FTP credentials into Muse?
  3. Did you export your entire site to HTML and then use Filezilla or other S/FTP app to upload ALL files to your remote server?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thanks for your help.

I am now back to Business Catalyst because it works.  But that ends in late March.

My web host is Network Solutions.

I could not get FTP to work from Muse.

So I used FileZilla.  I talked to tech support at Network Solutions and they told me that I only had to upload the index.html file.  But there were 5 or more file folders with all the ingredients of my site sitting there as well when I clicked on upload with HTML.  So I uploaded all the file folders as well, but for some reason it did not help one bit.  

So I changed the name servers back to Adobe Business Catalyst.  So now my web host is back with Adobe Business Catalyst and works fine.  

What else do you suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

I have another question about MUSE.  In Photoshop you can flatten an image to reduce the size of data.  Is it possible to do something similar to a MUSE file before posting it on the web, thus making is load faster with a browser?

Thanks,

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.   You cannot flatten it.  A web page is the sum of it's parts.  The best you can do is optimize all your assets before you bring them into projects.   And at the server-level, you should have GZip compression enabled.   If unsure, use this online test.

https://www.giftofspeed.com/gzip-test/

All things being equal, Muse sites are typically very slow loading because the code is not efficient.  When you switch to another site builder (hopefully soon), I think you will find your pages load faster. 

Business Catalyst's end of life was extended to March 26, 2021.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/business-catalyst/important-update-about-the-business-catalyst-end-of...

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse "flattens" (= reduces image layers to one single layer) PSD images out of the box and reduces file sizes of every image according to its dimensions on your pages. Muse even takes care of your breakpoint and exports size optimized image dimensions for every single breakpoint. Every other elements can't be flattened, because the already are as "reduced" as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines