• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.pdf use in Adobe Muse

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get my .pdf  file to open when directly clicking on a sub-menu button? Right now I have to embed the file on the page, I'd like it to open automatically when clicking on the sub-menu I.e. "Resources > bulletin.pdf"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

After you make the link to your external PDF or whatever, click on the hyperlinks label in the control strip to set options on the hyperlink, such as 'open in new window'.

Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 3.40.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the 'link to file' item in the hyperlinks dropdown to link to a PDF. Muse will upload the PDF into a subfolder named 'assets' and clicking the link will (in many browsers) download the file. Some browsers may show the PDF in browser, but users can right click on the link and choose to download the file.

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 11.48.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to link the file to the drop down menu link, so when I click on the drop down menu it opens the file from there. Is there a way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

You can do it by using a manual menu and adding all the menu items and submenus yourself, and assigning the hyperlinks to every menu item.

An easier way is to create a dummy page with the name you want for your PDF menu item. Then mark the page menu option as 'Include page without hyperlink', then select the menu item and assign a link to a file and choose your PDF.

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 2.47.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 2.48.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not letting me select the sub-menu item to be able to link the .pdf

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your menu is on a master page you'll have to edit it on the master. Be sure that you have the menu item selected(see the top left of the control strip).

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 8.00.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it! Thanks for your help. I had the menu locked so I couldn't access the sub menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok how do I get the URL to match the websites URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Rodney-

Not sure I understand what exactly you're asking. If you're trying to link to a PDF that you're having Muse upload, you don't have to know the URL - just use the Link to File... entry in the hyperlink dropdown as illustrated above. If that's not what you're trying to do, please provide some more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, what I want to know is how do I get the PDF to open up in a new Tab or Window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you make the link to your external PDF or whatever, click on the hyperlinks label in the control strip to set options on the hyperlink, such as 'open in new window'.

Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 3.40.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobelance!

I need little different help. I like to make link wich opens browsers downloading dialog, not actually showing the pdf.

Regards

Sami

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeming to get this to work on my end when I try to preview it. I see this post is a couple years old, so maybe Muse has changed enough since then? I'd love to have the PDF capable of being opened in my site, if possible, like flipped through on the page.

Can that happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It`s better and faster, if you open a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help me with this? When I try hyperlinking it, it doesn't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. PDF is no format, which can simply be shown directly within a website.

There are 3rd party widgets, which allow this, for example this one: https://www.j-26.com/tools/pdf/pdf-embedder/

or this one: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/pdf-viewer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perfect. I had a feeling there was a widget out there I didn't see. Thanks so much, Günter Heißenbüttel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I need your support. I wanna use one PDF viewer in created Adobe Muse page for many hyperlinks to .pdf files. Is it possible? It is like one .pdf container for viewing many .pdf files on one page. P.s. Sorry for my english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look into your other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines