• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHP 7.1.14 doesn´t seem to work with Muse?

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

since my client went to another host, her muse contact form doesn´t work any longer. You can see her site here: Petra Halfmann: Konzerte & Vocal Coaching

The error message says that PHP is missing or not working on the host´s side. So I contacted her host and he tells me that he installed the newest PHP version – PHP 7.1.14 to be precise. If this is the reason for her bug, what can we do? Considering that there won´t be another update, it would be crucial that Muse works with the latest PHP version!

Or could it be that there is merely an extension missing? To see the php extension her host installed, look here: phpinfo()

To my client it´s very important, that her contact form works. So I hope I´ll get an answer soon!

Thank you so much,
Janne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Look at Wufoo online forms.  The form data is collected and transmitted from their servers and not yours.  It should be fairly easy to embed Wufoo's form into your client's web pages.

Online Form Creation and Reporting Features : Wufoo

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Janne,

Probably the new upgrade od PHP has broken the form.

In any way can you contact the host and ask them to downgrade the PHP to version 7.0 or below and see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes and will look further into the issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your answer. I´ll contact him and let you know.

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got his answer. I´ll translate it into English for you. He writes:

"A downgrade from PHP isn´t possible. And one can expect from a program that it harmonizes with the up-to-date PHP version."

Sounds rather pissed-off to me. (FYI he´s the husband of my client and wasn´t happy with my choice of Muse. He´d wished I had used Wordpress instead ...)

So what can we do?

Clueless,

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the problem is Muse if going end of its life, and currently, we are only focusing on its major bug fixes and general maintenance.

There won't be any new feature or update expected, therefore it will be more effective if they manage to downgrade the PHP version which is actually a very simple process.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He already told me, he can´t downgrade because of other sites that are running on his server who need the newest PHP version.

I understand your situation, but I´m standing between two sides here and can´t find a solution for my client when all parties included refuse to cooperate.

Adobe has agreed to support us until March 2020 – so I think your (and my) clients can expect a solution for our bugs. After all my client payed for her site to work and I (still) pay for Adobe CC. To my client this is a major bug, because nobody can reach her via her site. Surely there must be a way to fix this?

The other thing is: If you tell me that today the newest PHP version won´t work with Muse, I gather that in the years to come when PHP and other sources are being upgraded, Muse won´t work either.

Sorry, but in the interest of my client I have to insist that you help us out here! We have 2018 and I take you at your word that support will be offered until 2020. So please, what solution do you offer us?

Not giving up,

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I cite your colleague Preran here: "Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web.

So please offer me a solution for our bug with the contact form!

Thx, Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jenne,

This would demand an escalation now, and do that the best would be to getting in touch with our support team Contact Customer Care for further investigation and fixing the issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, and to all who read this: I contacted the support and the answer is:

Muse contact forms are hard coded and cannot be altered because the development for this program is already ended.

That´s it. Super easy for Adobe. We just stop it. See to yourself how you explain it to your clients who paid you lots of money to get their websites done. We don´t care.

Do you know that this could defraud us of our business??

Absolutely annoyed,

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project could be re-built responsively with Bootstrap.

Bootstrap Parallax Template

Likewise, the contact form could be made to work on a  PHP 7 server.

Alt-Web Design & Publishing: Responsive Contact Form with Bootstrap and PHP (Part 1)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

this might well be, but I am a graphic designer and no web designer or even coder! So I can´t and won´t begin to learn building websites with Bootstrap.

And this is the thing: Adobe told us graphic designers, hey, we have a super easy way for you to build websites with no coding knowledge. And it actually worked. But now they let us fall and say: Sorry guys, we won´t support you any further.

It´s not your fault, but I am so pissed off ...

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marianne,
If it helps, I uninstalled the latest version of Muse and then re-installed the previous version (an option when re-installing from the cloud). On updating my website and uploading to my web host the website worked again.

Regards,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

thx for your suggestion. I actually did this resp. had it done from Muse support. But the problem really is the newest PHP version. If your host isn´t willing to downgrade (which is the case here) you can´t do anything.

What I did, since I had to find a solution for my client, is deleting the contact form from her site and only offer her email-address to contact her. This was the least time-consuming way for me. After all I don´t get paid for my extra time spent on finding a solution Adobe won´t offer us ...

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Wufoo online forms.  The form data is collected and transmitted from their servers and not yours.  It should be fairly easy to embed Wufoo's form into your client's web pages.

Online Form Creation and Reporting Features : Wufoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the link, Nancy. I´ll check it out!

Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines