• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures moving out of browser when rezising...

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Could you please check my website and tell me where the problem is??

Orthopädie Schuhtechnik

The icons on the left are moving out of the browser when I resize my browser. I don't want to add a new breakpoint.

I already tried to fix them on the lft... doen't work.

I tried to scale the rectangle bigger as the icon is and place the icon in the middle so there is a bit more space left and right.... doesn't work.

I used the rectangle with an cross inside, is this wrong maybe? Alss icons are not responsive. When I change them into scale height and width the

shape might change.

I can't try so much because even the preview in browser takes my over an hour. Uploading to the server takes over 2 or 3 hours because of our

internet brandwidth and all of our stores are also using the internet and our server.

Thanks for the help!

Kyra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

It simply will not work properly because the master lacks of breakpoints.

Using the scrubber towards mobile devices resolution, you´ll hopefully see the necessity of breakpoints:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 16.16.25.png

These blue guides also should not contain any elements in fixed width layouts.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 16.15.40.png

It´s not that much but will get cut off soon. Not to mention to avoid other than webfonts. Maybe this only happens because you have Franklin Gothic installed as webfont from typekit, which I did not.

I recommend to reduce the fontsize in smaller

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to know why this is happening without looking at the original .muse file. Please share a cut-down version of the file using Creative Cloud, Dropbox, etc.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be simple, could you share the .muse with us?

By saving it into your CREATIVE CLOUD FILES and right click you could share the .muse with us.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't cut this down.... I need to delete almost 180 sites and muse always breaks together

Can't tell you how pissed I am to craete a "new" website in an dieing program. After I finished this page I have to start again and have to try to duplicate it in wordpress.

Anyway.... how can I cut this down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cut out.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - s+e_website_2018_cut out.muse

Here is just one site. But I only added 1 breakpoint. Don't know why it doesn't work right anymore.

I have a new computer with enough RAM and everythink and muse totally breaks down and takes soooooo long for every single step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It simply will not work properly because the master lacks of breakpoints.

Using the scrubber towards mobile devices resolution, you´ll hopefully see the necessity of breakpoints:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 16.16.25.png

These blue guides also should not contain any elements in fixed width layouts.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 16.15.40.png

It´s not that much but will get cut off soon. Not to mention to avoid other than webfonts. Maybe this only happens because you have Franklin Gothic installed as webfont from typekit, which I did not.

I recommend to reduce the fontsize in smaller breakpoints.

NOW the page: of course the same rules here – no content outside the blue guides:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-11 um 16.37.39.png

And of course you have to either add breakpoints or use adaptive design for tablets and mobiles.

Breakpoints – the widest is set to 1400 on the page and 1600 on master? No good idea.

Quick and dirty I changed your page with the master just to give an idea about what should happen between breakpoints and to show that you need breakpoints.

If you persist on not to use breakpoints and so decide for adaptive design I recommend to keep the page at 1200, otherwise desktop browsers struggle with your design.

Of course I see, that doing all this on 180 pages could get a pain, I must admit that a proper CMS would have been the better choice for that much pages, though.

Here´s the file – only to open in the latest Muse 2018.1.:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP! My uploaded site is completely different than my original site. As I said, I only had 1 breakpoint for the cut out sample.

My original has the following breakpoints:

1400, 1200, 960, 768 (fluid), 414 (fluid)

I took choosed this breakpoints depending on lot of tests and even more google and adobe muse research (also recommendations from this adobe muse forum).

I couldn't just copy it for the test version. And honestly I was very very or I still am quite annoyed about muse.

It's working painfully slow....

Pls see picture... I don't have these blue lines in my original file.

I have 12 columns, as recommended somewhere...muse_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I guess I know what you mean. I need to make sure that everything is inside this blue "box".

Like this??

muse_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. These blue lines just indicate the next fixed width breakpoint and its padding. The other blue lines are just grid guides which unfortunately have the same colour. I even think, that those colours can be changed somwhere in preferences?

You got it, sorry for the misunderstanding with breakpoints. Everything and the menu items have to be inside that "blue box".

With fixed width breakpoints pinning is simply not necessary except the "pin to browser".

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Uwe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Da nich für .

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines