Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pin header in place while content scrolls underneath it

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone -

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but perhaps not for the latest Muse build (Muse CC 2017.1.0), as I have had difficulty finding an answer. I am experienced with InDesign and Illustrator but brand new to Muse, so bear with me.

I have tried unsuccessfully to pin the header on my A-Master page. Can anyone point me toward a step-by-step tutorial for creating a header with multiple elements (Muse Themes Sidebar Connect accordion, logo, linked button) and pinning it to the top of the page so that content slides underneath it as the user scrolls down the site?

I am quite literally trying to do exactly what Vice has done here: VICE - Original reporting and documentaries on everything that matters in the world.

Any input that would get me on the right track would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

for Muse tutorials go https://musewidgets.com/collections/tutorials

but a better way to learn whats happening is to follow Danis Jams... I think this is the lastest one?

Muse Jam: Understanding Responsive Pinning - YouTube

p.s, the current version of Muse is unstable mate... I recommend you use the last one until after Mac when they should have most of the bugs out.

Screenshot (51).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for Muse tutorials go https://musewidgets.com/collections/tutorials

but a better way to learn whats happening is to follow Danis Jams... I think this is the lastest one?

Muse Jam: Understanding Responsive Pinning - YouTube

p.s, the current version of Muse is unstable mate... I recommend you use the last one until after Mac when they should have most of the bugs out.

Screenshot (51).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ask "Muse.Themes.com", if they need some other rules for your desired design – normally in your case it is best practice to 1) … use an extra layer on your master and put this layer on top of all layers.

2) Call this layer "Head".

3) Do not put anything else in all other pages into this layer except you need another object only on certain pages with the same

behavior than "Head" stuff.

This because, layers behave site wise and not only page wise.

Does this, besides the tutorial from Dani B. (which are mostly great, really) help you faster?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dani Beaumont has produced some excellent tutorials. This may cover off what you're looking to do:

Enhance your responsive site design |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines