• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem about anchor/scrolling

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new of Muse, and I'm facing a problem I can't solve so any advice is welcome.

This is what I'd like to get:

The upper part of the page (with a horizontal menu and a slideshow) must be fixed (no scrolling), the lower part (containing a long text frame) must scroll. I want the lower part of the page to open at a certain height of the text frame just under the slideshow.

I tried inserting an anchor, but in this way the text is aligned at the top of the browser window, shifting the upper part of the page that I don't want to move. I also tried to pin both the menu and the slideshow, and doing so they don't scroll, but still I can't make the text to appear at a given point of its length under the slideshow.

So, how can I place an anchor along the text and set the position where the anchor should move it? Of course it should be a position different from the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Alessandro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

If you jump to an anchor, the browser tries to place the anchor top left of the browser window. So it may of course happen, that parts of your page will be hidden behind a pinned header.

You can avoid this by placing the anchor at a „deeper“ position in you page flow, or — most times the best solution — copy the anchor to an appropriate place into the textcontainer​.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alessandro,

It will be very easy for us to suggest if given the file you are working on.

You may remove anything confidential and just put the placeholders instead.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm attaching a couple of screen shots to better explain what I'd like to get.

This is the master page:

master.jpg

This is the text under the slideshow:

testo.jpg

Basically, I'd like that each submenu item would move the corresponding text section up just under the slideshow, as if that position (under the slideshow) would be a new top of page.

Many thanks,

Alessandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding it hard to duplicate your issue due to lack of design skills, however, can check the issue if your file is provided.

You may send the file to me in private if privacy is the concern.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you jump to an anchor, the browser tries to place the anchor top left of the browser window. So it may of course happen, that parts of your page will be hidden behind a pinned header.

You can avoid this by placing the anchor at a „deeper“ position in you page flow, or — most times the best solution — copy the anchor to an appropriate place into the textcontainer​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines