Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Launching Adobe Muse

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem launching Adobe Muse. When I click the application icon a pop-up window with the text "Validating Software license..." appears (see attached photo). This window closes automatically and then reopens again continuously. I am a paying CC customer and have no problem opening the other apps, I'm signed in to my account when this happens.

What could be the problem?

Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 16.42.37.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you

• restart your machine?
  • try to sign out/in from your CC account?
  • update your app, inclusive the CC Desktop App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have done all those things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im this case I’d deinstall Muse via CC Desktop App:

Screen_01.jpg

When you are asked during this process to delete Muse’s preferences too, accept this.

After deinstalling Muse, reinstall it again. Make sure, that the option „Show older Applications“ is checked in the CC Desktop App Preferences. You access the preferences by clicking onto the 3 vertical dots:

Screen_01-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking your time,

I tried your way Günter but the same problem occurred.

I recognized that it looks like this in my CC menu, seems like the application doesn't understand that I'm permitted to use it:Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 14.51.33.png

My CC Plan is for students, may it create a problem? It says that all apps are included and I have used Muse for about 2-3 years before this problem occurred.

Thanks in advance

/Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using an enterprise account perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC Plan is for students, but it's a plan for me as an individual. May this create a problem? It says that all apps are included and I have used Muse for about 2-3 years before this problem occurred.

Thanks in advance

/Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn‘t cause issues.

But be aware, that Muse — due to its „end of life“ state, only is installable, when in the CC Desktop App the option „Show older apps“ is activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks to me like Muse reverted to trial status and then expired.  It could be a corrupted Hosts file.  See link below for troubleshooting steps..

Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines