Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

qooqee or musetheme

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I'm planning to purchase a subscription to have a widget resource but I'd like to hear from the forum some opinion about that.

Qooqee or Musetheme? (or maybe others)

Thank you very much.

Bart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

1)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 08.36.29.png

Got it?

2)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 08.39.07.png

This ORANGE is a Frame (F). Could be any color or no colour, as you like.

Of course set to resize in width and height .

OK?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This depends really on what you want/need. I recommend to go as far as possible without 3rd party widgets.

Quite a few issues here in this forum arise out of 3rd party widgets.

If you really need fancy stuff, google for "Muse, Widgets" and you will find many more. You could come along with free widgets as well.

But be aware and keep your ear to the ground .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll keep my ear to the ground, for sure 😉

The only problem is that I need a very simple solution to my problem but it seems that small problems doesn't have any solution, plus I think that Adobe should filter and check with more accurancy some third party developer from the official Adobe Muse website (i.e. umuse.ru).

That said, I need a "simple" responsive slideshow as in this website (aloof.co).

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much.

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try my very best.

As of this reading, slideshows aren`t responsible.

What I did (and what musegrid did now more detailed and maybe reliable, I didn`t check too properly right now), I created a blank muse with grids and breakpoints from 1400 (sometimes wider) as a fixed width site, made my breakpoints at 1250 | 960 | 768 fixed width and fluid width with a minimum of 320. Create a footer with an average height of what you want, fill it with a color of your choice (grey/ecru?)

Passed these settings to my first page, so I could start from the beginning with a blank page and have set my breakpoints.

Now you could easily open this, save it as your new site and think.

How many pages would I need (the client – somebody who pays … ) – duplicate the first page as often as you need, take a menu

(horizontal/vertical) and watch.

Take a slideshow, yet empty, with or without thumbs (indoor case without), and start with the biggest size/breakpoint.

Be aware that this slide show must fit into 1250 (or whatever your first breakpoint will be), use the scrubber or better, click into the first breakpoint, check for the next breakpoint, resize your slideshow and so on.

In your example this responsiveness is quite nice, I have to admit, but unfortunately this centered height is not possible without a 3 rd party widget.

You can check for the private beta, they already use some responsive features, but right now not for business purposes .

Does this idea of a workaround help you?

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. It sounds like an Elon Musk project!

I already thought to make several breakpoints but... I also ask to myself why if a third party had achieve already this result, why the "inhouse" staff can't do it. I say this without judging anybody, only curiosity. I know that the developers are great and very fast to develop Muse and I think that it will be a great tool for designers.

I use it now to build my portfolio so I'm the client 😉

Which third party widget do you suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ask to myself why if a third party had achieve already this result, why the "inhouse" staff can't do it. I say this without judging anybody, only curiosity. I know that the developers are great and very fast to develop Muse and I think that it will be a great tool for designers.

You have to do the "Elon Musk" only one time . It takes (promise) less than 10 minutes.

This question, you are not the only one who wants to know. Check out the prerelease, there you can watch the responsive slideshow.

It maybe hours, days, weeks, month (nobody wants that), that this feature will be in the reallifemuse.

These websites, mentioned from aloof are really nice but some clients (not all clients are designers and love huge empty space) like to have further information, like text, a lot of text, sad pictures, manymany menu items.

I do not suggest 3 rd party widget, I recommend not to use them.

For the Elon Musk watch this, if you like. Pavel showed us how to - attached also a Dani Beaumont video:

Muse not redirecting to tablet version

from here:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-07 um 18.15.23.png

The Elon Musk is here: http://dl4.joxi.net/drive/2017/03/20/0008/0401/545169/69/bd814a9775.gif

Please thank Pavel Homeriki for this.

Dschambo,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

I'm now looking at the Dani's video. Thank you.

The Elon's link doesn't work.

I know very well what clients want to avoid the "horrible white space" but I want to achieve the "aloof.co" effect also for my website.

I think that i'll wait for the official responsiveness in Muse.

Why you told not to use third party widgets? I think that I can achieve the result with Cinch by musetheme. Any opinion about?

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link should work perfect. You could also watch it further down the thread I mentioned.

I tried the link, it takes some time, when Ad obe tells you what it does right now.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-10 um 17.05.44.png

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow. That's your Elon Musk stuff!

Thanks a lot. I'll try and update you.

I thought you really want me to see a real Elon Musk video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on the perpetuum mobile, who is Elon Musk?

Maybe my writing sounds too complicated, that´s why I am more into photos than into talking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

After few tries, I built a test page that seems to work except for the last breakpoint. I made a 320px step but I can't see it in preview.

If you want to see it here is the link: test gallery.muse - Google Drive

Why can't I see the last view?

Thanks

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need the last breakpoint at 320. You should instead use this(320) layout from 768 towards 320 (set only the minimum width at 768 to 320). Slideshows aren`t responsive as of this reading (watch private beta, there you can use it but at the moment not for business purposes, unfortunately).

This might help?

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home​ watch this, you can download directly from the .muse.

You should also be aware, not to set your images/slideshows as a footer.

Tell Elon, I said HIGH

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it but:

- should I in any case put 2 breakpoints at 768, one fixed and one fluid?

- should I put the square tiled layout there in the 768?

I thought that 768 was for tablet vision.

EDIT: I wrote it before your last post. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That´s a reommendation I got from Pavel Homeriki​.

And yes, watch my version of your file.

As I told breakpoint at 320 is unnecessary. What do you want to break from there? To smaller devices? Your old Nokia6110?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn!

I'm trying to do the breakpoints on my master but when I try to make the second 768 fluid, I got this error.

Screenshot 2017-06-12 11.05.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really necessary to do it like in this GIF –also from Pavel.

bd814a9775.gif​

Best way to start from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bart, did you get it and did you do it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for asking.

I'm just deciding if should I use a master page or not but I think that with a website of only 2 pages, it's not necessary.

I was reading again your conversation with Pavel (while i'm eating) just to refresh the notions and I think that i'll do as he suggested. Create the main page, the graphic and then add the breakpoints.

In any case I'll try tonight after dinner since I have to go now to my second job

I'll keep you update, thanks again.

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it can works: UNLESS main.muse - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 08.36.29.png

Got it?

2)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 08.39.07.png

This ORANGE is a Frame (F). Could be any color or no colour, as you like.

Of course set to resize in width and height .

OK?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to pin the hamburger, ok.

What about the frame? Do i have to put it there for spacing/resizing purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. Watch difference when you use the scrubber. Without the frame (F) pictures flow away from another more than desired.

Hamburger pinning keeps inside the tiny blue line (some call it padding). Also watch scrubber with or without pinning.

Be aware not to pin to browser - mobiles hate pinned to browser sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!

Mission accomplished.

I'll procede with this and I'll show you the final website (as soon as I can work on it).

Thanks again for your patience

Bart

EDIT: I think that I have to change the title of this thread in order to be more accurate and maybe help someone else. Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines