• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Queries on file handling and structure in Muse.

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, So, So many problems with Muse that I wish I never heard of it.

I was so excited to finally have a tool to make websites responsive without being a coding pro (I'm a designer, not a computer engineer).

1st: Muse renames files by adding numbers to the files. I tried loading a PDF no luck. I look at the hyperlink and muse keeps adding 01, 02, 03...and the website says the file doesn't exist. I go into the PDF file on my CP and there's no added number, it's labeled correctly. Frustrating.

2nd: Muse linked all my files when published as lower case so after I uploaded all my documents, none of the links worked. I am in the process of renaming 100 of files with lower case first letter and reloading them to my server. It will take a file like, "Hand_Mural.jpg" and link it as "hand_mural.jpg" even though it was never saved that way.

3rd: I organized my entire site by sections and subsections to keep everything in line and easy to find. Muse link and copy every file to a separate "asset" folder and link every everything to that folder. So now, when I have to find a file that is named something like, "Random.jpg", I have to go through hundreds of files in the asset folder to rename it, "random.jpg."

So F'n frustrating

I so should have just made a static website in Dreamweaver instead of making a fluid site in Muse.

Unhappy subscriber,

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hay Keith, sorry to lose you but have fun with Dreamweaver mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that you have said is relevant only to the shortcomings of knowledge from your side. The main law of the web environment, which applies to any sites and platforms - file names should not contain spaces, special characters, large letters and should not contain any letters except the Latin alphabet. Muse should not correct your knowledge gaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey...way to be a help instead of...I don't know ... condescending.

Have fun being you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…and, of course, Muse has to rename your files! Or do you expect to have the same file and the same file name for images at different breakpoints on your server without one file overwriting the other?

And breakpoints are only one of many situations, where renaming is definitely necessary. There are many other situations – for example, you have placed two  equally named assets in your document –, where it is unavoidable to rename your assets.

I’d propose, to ask before grumbling, or – even better – to have a deeper look into Muse’s way of working, before complaining. But, as we all know: Ranting is easier than learning – especially, because you already told us your aversion agains Muse two years ago.

To show you, that asking will help more:

You said: "So now, when I have to find a file that is named something like, "Random.jpg", I have to go through hundreds of files in the asset folder to rename it, "random.jpg.““. Why the hell do you want to rename an exported file? And: If you want to find a file called „Random.jpg“ why not using the „Assets“ panel, right click onto the file entry and choose „Reveal in Finder“?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So....it's my issue that Muse changes a file name from Dine.jpg to dine.jpg when it publishes and then doesn't recognize it?

Thanks again,

useful tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of being sarcastic, just get into self-education. In a year you will understand how wrong you were and you will laugh at your posts.

No one here neglects you. I told you quite sincerely the way. Amount of knowledge along the way too big that it could be placed in a separate post on this forum. Self-education will help you understand and overcome all problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there's a ton of posts by other people who seem to have the same

issue....have fun being you.

I apologize that I have a firm understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator,

InDesign, Dreamweaver, Learning Premier, but find myself having issues

picking up Muse.

You keep being you...you want to be a condescending prick? Well

congratulations, you have succeeded!

Enjoy your view looking down upon us ignorant muse users who are posting

the same issues, post after post. It has to be all us, right.

Keith

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Pavel Homeriki <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When researching "Muse Problems"

Tried looking up solutions, tried asking for help, every response was not a tip, but more of insult. Finally got pissed and posted my issues, you people respond with more smugness and act like there is not a ton of issues being sited on your forum and on the internet. This is a screen shot of what you get for "Muse Problems."

But hey...it's only me right? I need to "self educate" more! Great tips

Keith

muse_research.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. Here is a small example ( about your problems №2 and №3 😞

Do you know the difference between Windows  and Unix servers?

Do you know what filenames should be, what would it work on all servers?

Do you know that there is an axiom for the web developer - file names should not contain uppercase letters, spaces and special characters?

Do you know that first of all before creating a website, you need to adequately assess its scope and functionality and proceed from this to choose the right platform for implementation? Muse is not a universal tool. And besides, Muse is not at all an environment for development of sites. Muse is a program for designers.

- it is not all questions of Muse. This is a matter of common knowledge about web standards.

When people try to climb Mount Everest while they are shod in flippers and can not do it, they begin to blame the one who produces these flippers. 90% of embittered questions about bugs in the Muse are the mistakes of the users themselves.

... As for your problem number 1 - numbers to files are added when they are generated for each breakpoint, thumbnail or alternative layout. But in general I did not quite understand your problem. Perhaps you did not describe it accurately enough or the reason is all the same user errors. I can not reproduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

… and, talking about „insults“ is really funny, if one knows the original version of the caption and some paragraphs of the initial posting, before it was edited and modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines