• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsiveness

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have problems with responsiveness, It doesn't work. In properties I photo of first page.PNGhave fluid width and also I have changed photos and some fields to responsive width and height. Maybe some of you know ,where can be problem..?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

That's, what I thought!

Just be aware of one thing: Responsive web design is completely different from page layout for print! In print, you don't deal with resizing pages and dynamically resizing/repositioning elements.

Therefore start with fixed width pages! This is more related to "paper design", and therefore much more easy to understand for beginners. You can create nice looking sites with fixed layout! Just try!

Only an small annotation to your screenshot: Look at the text box "OnlineGuide". N

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks, like you are using forms. If these forms are Muse forms: They are not responsive in actual version of Muse. If you encounter other issues, please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud

There is my file..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever take a second time to understand responsive design or the way, Muse works? Or did you start by simply placing elements onto the canvas?

I think, there is nearly no element to be found on your site, which works well or is designed in a usable way.

Please excuse these hard words, – I really don’t want to offen you – but it is simply true.

My honest suggestion:

• Have a very(!) deep(!) look at these tutorials and explanations: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/support/muse.html

• In a next step, try to create a fixed width site, so you don’t run into the „problems of responsiveness“. If you want to build a responsive site, you really should know about the interdependencies of the different elements and the fact, that every element influences each other (pushes it down, lifts it up, …)

If you go on the way, you have started, I bet, stopping web design will be a matter of some days for you, because it will become more than frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. This is my first job in Adobe Muse and in general in Adobe software,so I am just learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's, what I thought!

Just be aware of one thing: Responsive web design is completely different from page layout for print! In print, you don't deal with resizing pages and dynamically resizing/repositioning elements.

Therefore start with fixed width pages! This is more related to "paper design", and therefore much more easy to understand for beginners. You can create nice looking sites with fixed layout! Just try!

Only an small annotation to your screenshot: Look at the text box "OnlineGuide". Now drag the scrubber (this gray vertical handle top right of the breakpoint bar) and try to figure out, why this words gets separed into two lines at a certain position. Try to figure out, how this may be avoided. And this is only one tiny element on your page!

So please start in the beginning! As I said in a different thread: Don't try to take part in Rallye Paris – Dakar, before you even have a driving license! Don't get impatient or frustrated! Muse is a wonderful tool for wonderfully designed web sites! But unfortunately, it needs to be learned …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately ,I don' t have much time to do  fixed  width ,because I have only 2 weeks left to build  website. But I will start everything again,I already have a lesson,that can't be that chaotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be,that I need many breakpoints ?  In my site are few html fields,maybe that's why responsive doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is a „job“? Puh! You’d better don’t tell your client …

I modify my „driving license“ example: Never start working as a taxi driver, before having a driving license!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually ,I don't need a website.. I need to make mockup.. Only mockup,to client see how it will be  when real website will be finished(And I am not making that real website).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

… but you obviously want it to act like a real site! You won't achieve this without learning Muse. I'd better use InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop for a mockup in this special case. But it's your decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines