• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scale on hover (without 3rd party widgets)?

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is scale on hover possible in muse without third party widgets?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Don’t know, if I understand correctly, because you first you are talking about „scale in Hover, then about images, then about text, and finally about images again.

But if I understand correctly, this is easily to achieve. Look at this sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m68rbtnm7qsefqc/scaling-image.muse?dl=0​

The bounding States button is only necessary, when images and text should scale together. If only an image is required, you can do without the states button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same file from your prev question with additional state button:Dropbox - button for more.muse

It´s called a state button widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you but this doesn't work when i place an image in the state button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course but the approach is a little different.

With the text I used only one text element.

With an image you would need one for each state - at least two for normal and rollover, I guess.

In normal state the bigger image is set to opacity "0", on rollover state it is set vice versa.

Dropbox - button for more-2.muse

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that won't really be a scale effect. It will only be a transition from a smaller image to a bigger image without
the scaling animation in between, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW it works also with only one image, just change fill options from scale to fit to original size. Of course you have to have in mind the final dimensions and set them in PS.

But you are right, still the transition between these two setups doesn`t work smoothly like it does with text.

Dropbox - button for more-2.muse

As of this reading I only found a way with free 3rd party like I used one this file from creatived but there are some more.

Not too bad, I guess.

I am pretty sure that Günter Heißenbüttel​ has a solution in one of his pockets, too. Or is it a bug, that image transitions are not as smooth as text transitions?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t know, if I understand correctly, because you first you are talking about „scale in Hover, then about images, then about text, and finally about images again.

But if I understand correctly, this is easily to achieve. Look at this sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m68rbtnm7qsefqc/scaling-image.muse?dl=0​

The bounding States button is only necessary, when images and text should scale together. If only an image is required, you can do without the states button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I say … .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gunter: Actually i didn't mention the object type in my initial posting. I was looking for an universal solution of scaling anything upon hover. However it seems the solution for text scaling is different from image scaling as you guys pointed out.

If i understand correctly from your project, you used a rectangle and used two different images for filling it. The normal state is a smaller image and the hover is a bigger version of image. But shoudn't this be a fade transition between the two images?

Does the ease in/east out transition do the actual trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with normal ease transition as well.

However using this technique the image shakes a little while it's scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can‘t see any shaking on my system (macOS, Safari). Since Muse simply applies a CSS command set, this behaviour may be browser dependent – as this is often the case with transition effects.

This is the reason, why I nomally go without these kind of visual gimmicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines