• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll features: Responsive versus adaptive

Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I cannot apply scrolling effects for responsive design so one is mutually exclusive to the other, ie, adaptive design supports scrolling effects, responsive designs do not. I read and seen tutorials for scrolling but they don't tell me if they apply to responsive or adaptive layouts. I guess my question is this, can I build a responsive website with scrolling effects in Muse or can I only create scrolling effects in adaptive designs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

You got it almost.

You mixed adaptive with responsive with fixed width breakpoints and fluid width breakpoints.

First you decide wether to use:

1) adaptive design – desktop - tablet - mobile

2) responsive design

If you choose responsive design you decide wether to go with …

2a) … fixed width breakpoints as much as possible or use …

2b) … fluid width breakpoints

Scrolleffects are possible with adaptive design and fixed width breakpoints in responsive design.

Although you can use scroll effects for the res

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it almost.

You mixed adaptive with responsive with fixed width breakpoints and fluid width breakpoints.

First you decide wether to use:

1) adaptive design – desktop - tablet - mobile

2) responsive design

If you choose responsive design you decide wether to go with …

2a) … fixed width breakpoints as much as possible or use …

2b) … fluid width breakpoints

Scrolleffects are possible with adaptive design and fixed width breakpoints in responsive design.

Although you can use scroll effects for the resolution of tablet and mobile ( either adaptive or responsive/fixed width bp), it is not recommended to do so. Depending on design and the usage of 3rd party widgets scroll effects can get very "wacky" (if you know what I mean), it doesn`t go smooth all time on all devices on all browsers.

I hope to shed some light into it for you?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I decided to keep it simple by not using scrolling effects for mobile and tablet.

I also checked out well designed mobile sites and non use scroll effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I've come to the conclusion that HTML 5 needs to advance more to handle scrolling effects. Hoping HTML 6 will allow for better animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines