• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I upgrade my RAM? MUSE is slow.

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to decide one or the other...

1. Either I don't have enough RAM
  2. Muse has memory leaks / is a huge resource hog

I'm on one of the most powerful iMac's in my department and it should run all software very smoothly even for a power user... but Muse drags so slowly I sit around watching the beach ball spin half the time.

Muse v.10 Build 948, CL 767416

AIR Runtime: 3.2.0.2070

iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I only have 8GB of RAM in this machine so it's obvious a RAM upgrade would help anything - but I am unsatisfied that Muse won't work efficiently / fluidly out of the box.

Working on a Muse file with about 50 pages... any movement or opening of a page lags and shows the spinning beach ball for far too long. please advise? 

I want to trust this software will have substantial updates to its resource usage.

Sean    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Here is an update in case anyone is keeping track of this thread.

I sent my MUSE file to Adobe and they took a look at it and recreated what I was trying to do and had no problems. (My MUSE was acting incredibly slow on some pages... 10's of minutes of spinning beachball).

I made new/different pages on my site and things were good.I just recreated the page piece by piece that I was having problems with (thinking that there is something/wrong or corrupt on that page)and all is well so far.

Thanks to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicole - please send your site to muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this topic so I can investigate. If your file is > 20MB, use a filesharing service to send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed problems with Muse

For me it was better after this last update! But for me it's still not what it should be.

And no it's not my computer, because i've bought the fasted Macbook Pro with maximum processor speed and max memorie possible.

So there is no faster laptop.

Now my question, if i buy the fastest computer the Mac Pro with

2,7 GHz 12-core with 30 MB L3-cache

64 GD (4 x 16 GB 1866-Mhz DDR3 ECC ram

1 TB flash drive

and 2 AMD FirePro D700 GPU's of each 6 GB GDDR5 VRAM

Will Muse work then?

Thanks for your reply

Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have speed problems with Muse in one particular project (size 58,4MB) is that too big?

I have used a responsive setup with lots of svg's and photos, changing position in about 10 breaks.

Can't seem to load the sag logo any more. Can't change text any more (take several minutes).

Muse document is saved locally on SSD

Muse 2015 CC version 10.15.2

Mac 10.11.6

Macbook Pro 2,8 Ghz i7

16 GB 1600 MHZ

Adobe team, please help me out @adobelance & zak. Thanks

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i really don't know what is wrong with Muse.

its toooooo slllllooooowwwwwwwwwww like a snail.

i got a new MacBook Air.

and can't even preview a simple page on any other the sites i have created. why you guys making things so difficult for your customers.

We can at anytime switch to a different provider. !!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sunlightedu​  Are you using a network drive? That has been known to cause issues. I can say that I've been using Muse since the initial Beta and while there have been issues (slowness included) they've been forthcoming in providing fixes. It's best to sit tight and methodically figure out what's going on.

Have you tried installing Muse on a desktop or other laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines