• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide show image size limit.

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been putting slideshows in my web pages. One question- is there a limit to the size of an image that you can use in a slide show?  If there is, that would help me in customizing the photos that I use. 

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

that post is out of date and Muse now allows HD images but the 2048 size they are talking about there is dimension not pyshical size... it is the physical size of an image that govens how long it takes to download so an image 480 X 360 in dimension with a lot of ppi can still be large in size and will load slowly or not at all in some browsers

for example (not a recommendation) I uploaded a 2.85mb image to one of my sites yesterday... ftp doesn't like such large image files but Muse did what I to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

casalj10  wrote

One question- is there a limit to the size of an image that you can use in a slide show?

the bigger the image = the longer customers look at a blank white screen waiting for your site to load... ask them how long is too long?

Photoshop is the best place to work on images for websites... there are a lot of tutorials in the photoshop forum for this or you can look up "save for web" in google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also search in this forum for image size and find this: Maximum image size in Muse?​ for example.

So it really depends "only" on your design, as I guess that 2048 is quite huge for images.

You could also read this: What is the maximum size of an image height (in pixels) that supports Muse? I noticed that if the ph...

Also you may find this thread:

Re: Optimizing image quality for MUSE websites this leads to this: Re: Muse placing Photoshop files at 50% their saved size .

Recently I tested the difference between using PS or LR for exporting pictures for web.

In PS exporting for web and devices creates almost the same file size as exporting out of LR with same pixel dimensions and quality (in my case 40%). It may be, that PS makes a better rendering when downsizing, it really depends on you kind of pictures you use.

I couldn`t really detect a difference – also go down to 30% is worth a test as it really produces smaller file sizes.

But your question wasn´t about EXPORT, was it?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that post is out of date and Muse now allows HD images but the 2048 size they are talking about there is dimension not pyshical size... it is the physical size of an image that govens how long it takes to download so an image 480 X 360 in dimension with a lot of ppi can still be large in size and will load slowly or not at all in some browsers

for example (not a recommendation) I uploaded a 2.85mb image to one of my sites yesterday... ftp doesn't like such large image files but Muse did what I told it because I'm the designer and know best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image with 480 x 360 is always the same and already includes the ppi, it could get only a smaller file size by the way you save it.

The physical size for 480 x 360 =172.800 px.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-06 um 07.19.46.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-06 um 07.19.54.png

Doing the same by export for web and devices:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-06 um 07.20.23.png

and leads to this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-06 um 07.21.50.png

So, regarding to the original question casalj10​: Did you talk about pixel dimensions or file size?

File size could be as much as you like but pixel dimensions might be restricted – Over and out .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct if we assume jpeg or png but an image can also be a gif... add 10 frames and your 480 x 360 image starts to grow... add a hundred more and its pretty sure to upset 3rd party ftp uploaders but Muse will still obey orders and post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally: I tried to give a detailed summary of image handling in Muse in post #4 of this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1793996

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Günter Heißenbüttel​, I didn`t find this thread anymore.

Best Wishes

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines