Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow: Adding texts to specific slides

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to add a textbox but it appears in all of the slides of my slideshow. I want it to appear in one slide only. How do I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Composition is another option, but I need to make the background images full screen. I believe this is not available in composition widget. Also, I need the counter field which I don't see in composition widget either.

In any case, I was able to figure it out. You can add textbox or images specific to the slide by copying or cutting that specific textbox or image that you want to add. Then double click on the caption box so that it looks like you are about to add a text, then hit ctrl + v (paste

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can nest compositions inside compositions...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget Mylenium’s answer. He is no Muse user.

You wrote:

I tried to add a textbox but it appears in all of the slides of my slideshow.

I don’t think, you really added a text box into the slideshow, since this is definitely not possible. Perhaps you simply placed this text box in front of the slide show, and that is, why it seems to be shown on every slide.

A slide show only has one single text container – the one ("Caption"), you can switch off/on in the configuration panel of your slide show. This caption works slide-wise and can be changed from slide to slide.

To add extra text, you have to take another path:

Place a composition widget and configure it just like a slide show. In this case, you can add as many text boxes and/or images on one single "slide". If you don’t need the "triggers" make them very small and hide them behind the "slides" or somewhere else on your page. Additionally, you have much more flexibility in designing the thumbnails (= triggers), for example by using thumbs, which are cropped or thumbs, which differ from the hero image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition is another option, but I need to make the background images full screen. I believe this is not available in composition widget. Also, I need the counter field which I don't see in composition widget either.

In any case, I was able to figure it out. You can add textbox or images specific to the slide by copying or cutting that specific textbox or image that you want to add. Then double click on the caption box so that it looks like you are about to add a text, then hit ctrl + v (paste). The textbox/image will now appear as inline text in the caption box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I know that you can use a composition instead of a slideshow but the question is : if I will need the target image within the composition to stretch to the browser width? How can I do that? Is this possible now ? Did the adobe guys find a solution to this?

I want to create a slideshow with animated text just like here : ML&A Avocats – Cabinet d'affaires à Paris . The images from this slideshow are streched to the browser's width.I can do this using a slideshow and then animate the slide show's caption text using animation widgets found online.But the problem is that I will need more than one caption text and muse slideshow has only one per each slide! So, I will have to use a composition instead of the slideshow BUT the composition doesn't have the stretch to the browser width option.

Please help! How can you make the composition to stretch to the browser width?I've read that this is a big issue that adobe as far as I can see is not willing to get it solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

williamolivares  schrieb

Hi there! I know that you can use a composition instead of a slideshow but the question is : if I will need the target image within the composition to stretch to the browser width? How can I do that? Is this possible now ? Did the adobe guys find a solution to this?

I want to create a slideshow with animated text just like here : ML&A Avocats – Cabinet d'affaires à Paris . The images from this slideshow are streched to the browser's width.I can do this using a slideshow and then animate the slide show's caption text using animation widgets found online.But the problem is that I will need more than one caption text and muse slideshow has only one per each slide! So, I will have to use a composition instead of the slideshow BUT the composition doesn't have the stretch to the browser width option.

Please help! How can you make the composition to stretch to the browser width?I've read that this is a big issue that adobe as far as I can see is not willing to get it solved!

Use a slideshow and set it to stretch to browser width.

You click once for the slideshow (watch the top left corner of the muse menu) and a second time for the hero.

Then you could make your settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-21 um 09.29.11.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-21 um 09.27.59.png

Keep an eye on elements of slide show when using the scrubber.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-21 um 09.32.40.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

williamolivares​: You are right:

• The slideshow can be stetched to browser width, but only accepts one caption (which may have more than one line with different stylings) per hero image.
  • The composition accepts as many text containers as you like, but can’t actually be stretched to browser width.

You may try, what already was written in this thread: Create 2 text boxes, select them one by one and paste them into the caption box ox your slideshow. They behave like text characters in this case:

screen.jpg

Otherwise you have to use a third party widget.

(Perhaps it would make sense, to have a look into the prerelease version of Muse … )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter​! How can I paste the text box into the caption box? It doesn't work.I tried paste and paste in place as well after I selected the caption box.

And what third party widget should I use ?

Thank's!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can paste almost every element into a textbox:

• Create a text box and write some lines.
  • Create a second, smaller textbook, or a rectangle.
  • Copy or cut the textbox or the rectangle.
  • Go to the first textbox and place a text cursor into it.
  • Paste the copied textbox or the rectangle into the textbox.

In that way, can paste 2 or more text boxes into the caption. To each you can possibly assign the animation you found in the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again! Yes, that finally worked! Thank you very much!

Now for this to be clear : I managed to insert text animation inside a full width slideshow doing this : You will use the text within the slideshow's caption(if you need more text lines/elements you will need to follow the instructions detailed above by Günter. After this, you can use the 3rd party - The animator widget from museforyoushop.com ( I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the widget's website here, if I am not, I respectful ask the moderator to modify my post excluding the link ) . Using this widget, you can then link a graphic style to each text element inside the caption, activating the widget's properties(effects).

So there you have a full browser width slideshow with animated text instead of a composition which you can not stretch to the full browser width.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

williamolivares  wrote

( I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the widget's website here, if I am not, I respectful ask the moderator to modify my post excluding the link )

yes you can link a website or widget from a 3rd party into this forum;

• it has something to do with what the thread is about
  • you clearly state any association, so if you work for XYZ-designs and post a link to their widget then you should say that you work for them

p.s, always nice to hear back how you got on so thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, you saved my day! God bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe! I know how to make the slideshow image stretch to full browser width.The problem is how to add more text to the slides(other than the caption text).I want to create a slideshow with text similar to this one from here : ML&A Avocats – Cabinet d'affaires à Paris  .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine! And thank you for reporting back! Could you perhaps give us a link, to have a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! I will work a little bit more on the website and then I will definitely share it with you by adding a link here.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines