Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Solved: Adobe Muse crashes when exporting to HTML

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I encountered a rather random bug today: exporting my site for the forth time of the day I got the error #3013 "Failed executing task 'SAVE_FILE': Error #3013: File or directory is in use." The only option was for me to accept and Muse would then close.

I didn't install new fonts or anything new to my site I was just creating the mobile pages for my desktop version. After searching the forum I stumbled to this post MUSE CRASHES TRYING TO ADD TYPEKIT WEB FONTS  not founding the exact same problem that I was facing I decided to give it a shot and it worked.

I will just add some modifications to the troubleshooting on that post:

Take note that I am running Adobe Muse ver 2015.1 under Windows 10.

1. Close Muse


2. Delete the file named "list" in the following folder: I didn't have this file, instead I deleted the file named "db"

On Windows: %appdata%\com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2015.0\Local Store\tk3\Browse  This wasn't the path on my computer, instead I search for the "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2015.1" folder, which I found here: C:\Users\"yourSessionName"\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2015.1\Local Store\tk2"

Note: make your Hidden files and folders visible if not you will not be able to see the "AppData" folder. Also, you may have several "tk#" folders if you have had different Adobe Muse versions installed. I deleted all the "db" files that I found in all folders for security.

You can type this in the Path bar at the top of the Windows Explorer window Use my path and replace "yourSessionName" by your User.

On Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.2015.0/Local Store/tk3/Browse

You can type this in the Go To Folder dialog (Shift+Command+G). Note: the leading tilde "~" is required.
I haven't been able to test on MAC.

3. Launch Muse and select File > Add/Remove Web Fonts I did this, nothing happen on Muse itself, but if you go again to the path above you will find the new "db" file.

Muse should work as expected.

Well I hope this will help someone, if it did and/or did it differently comment to help others.

Cheers!

Marianela

Views

1.2K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mRome,

Thank you for sharing the solution with us. It will help other users with a similar issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not work for me. I have a site with 6 pages, 10 slide shows, and around 250 images. HTML crash at 100% export. Although I can apparently use the FTP export. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines