• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created the site http://www.blackdot.com in Muse 7.4.3 with no issues. Just updated the .muse file today to Muse CC 2014 and reloaded to our web server. Now I am getting the error "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect." when viewing the site from the latest version of all browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) on a Mac and all browsers on a PC (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer), also mobile Safari on an iPad.

My connection is wired broadband, not a mobile or wireless connection. I am not using the Muse "Upload to FTP host…" option and will not be using it. I am simply exporting as HTML and copying the files to my server. I have deleted all files from the web server and recopied the updated site with the same error result. This is the exact same procedure I used to load the initial site with the prior version of Muse.

It does not seem like there is an existing solution to this problem although many others are experiencing it. It looks like I will need to manually edit each page to remove the error message coding from the html files.

If anyone can provide an easier workaround, I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE 7/9/2014

For anyone else experiencing this issue, I was able to edit the .html files for my site to remove the code responsible for this alert message. If you wish to edit your .html files you must make the same edit to every .html file in your site export including the top level "index.html" and all .html files inside the "tablet" and "phone" folders if you have them.

The coding to remove is at the bottom of each .html file:

(Muse.assets.outOfDate.length||Muse.assets.required.length)&&alert("Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.")

Make sure you do not remove any semicolons or braces {} when making this edit. Just remove the text shown above. You will obviously need to remake these edits if you export your site as HTML in the future.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Most of the bugs with this issue have been fixed in the 2017.0.2 update released on February 13. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still facing this issue. Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

If you continue to face this issue, see the solutions in Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Has there been any permanent solution found other than manually editing html files to delete the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pretty significant problem. And while the error may have been originally discovered on an Android running Chrome (and fixed in the last update), I get the error on a Mac running Chrome, Windows 7 running Chrome...even Dreamweaver spits out the error in the Live preview.
skitch.png

I too, ended up deleting the code pkelly1138 mentioned to make it work...worked for now, but hardly an elegant solution.

Please, please, please, Adobe. Get this bug to the top of the list for your next sprint! And please keep us posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2014.0.1 release of Muse resolved all known false positive cases of this alert appearing. To our knowledge if you're using Muse 2014.0.1 and receiving this error then you have missing files on your server and/or a mismatch of files from different versions of Muse or different versions of your site. The end result is, if you don't pay attention to this error message, your site is likely to not behave correctly. Incorrect formatting, incorrect behaviors/interactions, JavaScript errors, missing images, etc. are all possible ramifications of having an incomplete or mismatched set of files/folders on your server.

If you're uploading using Publish or File > Upload to FTP Host and have never manually used any other means to modify the files on the server, you should never encounter this error. If you are encountering this error with Publish or File > Upload to FTP Host, please let us know the URL for your site so we can investigate further.

If you're using File > Export to HTML and then uploading/copying to your server using some other program, odds are the error message is correct and the set of files/folders on the server is not complete or consistent. Re-uploading everything will resolve this.

Prior to Muse 2014.0 being released, one of the most common support calls was something like "I made a minor change to my site and now everything's scrambled!" 99 times out of 100 what happened was the user was using File > Export to HTML... and then uploading files/folders manually using an external FTP client app. When doing the upload they were attempting to save themselves time by "only uploading what they changed." The problem is, there are many interrelationships between the files/folders exported for a website. It's very common for the set of files impacted by a minor change to be much larger than you expect.

The code generation in Muse is updated, improved and enhanced for new features with every release. Any time you update Muse, you need to re-upload ALL the files and folders of your website or it's likely your site will not perform correctly (due to code generation changes, file naming changes, changes in JavaScript libraries, etc.).

If you're using Publish or File > Upload to FTP Host, then Muse will detect exactly which files have in fact changed and only upload those files. If you're using File > Export to HTML and then uploading using an external FTP program, it's safest to upload everything (all the files and folders) and use the "only upload changed files" setting(s) within your FTP client (if it has such a setting) to minimize what's actually uploaded, rather than attempting to second guess what's actually been updated.

If you're familiar with browser developer tools (specifically the JavaScript console), you can type "Muse.assets" (minus the quotes) in the JavaScript console to view the object that contains lists of the files Muse believes are out-of-date or missing. Note that in order to not impact the load performance of the web page, Muse only verifies the version and existence of JavaScript files and the page-specific .css file. Images, assets and the global and master page css are not verified.

In the Chrome Developer Tools Console this object appears as follows once the triangles are turned down. In this example the index.css file on the server is out-of-date and the museredirect.js file is missing from the server.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 11.45.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i haven't been able to use upload to FTP since the 2014 version.  it never logs in. to Go daddy sites.

I think its a bug in the new FTP module. So I am forced to do this export and upload which is generating the error.. sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak, can you please clarify which elements of a Muse site will generate the popup alert box, "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect."

You say:

...Muse only verifies the version and existence of JavaScript files and the page-specific .css file. Images, assets and the global and master page css are not verified.

Does this mean that the only trigger for the error message would be if one or more .js or .css files did not get uploaded to the web host? If any images or assets did not get uploaded, then the error message would not appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem I get these errors. Site will not load correctly. Worked fine until yesterday.  My site is www.sandrachultzmd.com  

Please I need help with this.  I have uploaded all files not just the changed ones. I'm using Business Catalyst.  I have limited experience with code

Here are my errors

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

MuseJSAssert: Error calling selector function:TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'Muse.Utils.resizeHeight()')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pslawing2116, please don't post the same thing in multiple threads. It does not lead to quicker support and just confuses the issue both for those attempting to help you and those attempting to learn from the discussion. Thank you.

I assume either you've already resolved this (since your site loads without errors for me) or there's something specific to your browser or connection that's causing the issue. Have you cleared your browser cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared my browser cache.  I am traveling and on macbook air with hotel wifi.  Get same error on my phone.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time you update Muse, you need to re-upload ALL the files and folders of your website or it's likely your site will not perform correctly (due to code generation changes, file naming changes, changes in JavaScript libraries, etc.).

THIS was the key piece of information that solved the problem.

In our environment, we use Subversion for any and all changes to the site, so I am exporting HTML files that get reviewed on a staging server prior to getting pushed to a production server. After exporting ALL files from 2014, the problem resolved itself. So, thanks Zak! I'll be sure to repeat the process on the next Muse update to avoid the problem in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm encountering this problem, I publish direct from muse so no external ftp uploading. What I have done is created a blog page did the {tag_pagecontent} within muse and assigned the template within Business catalyst it all seemed to be working fine. That is I get the error? I did do some CSS editing in the module stylesheet and I've tried re-uploading many times from muse. I did the Dev tool like you suggested in earlier comments and it shows this:

Muse.assets

Object {required: Array[0], outOfDate: Array[1]}outOfDate: Array[1]0: "bc-template.css"length: 1__proto__: Array[0]required: Array[0]__proto__: Object

so the bc-template.css is having a problem but I don't know what??? any ideas link to site is : http://www.musicstudentsforhire.co.uk/bc-template.html

I'm also on the most up to date Muse and this site was done pre muse update.

any help would be appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out and this is for client so doesn't look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak:

I am having the same problem. A link to my site is: http://www.inhem.org/?utm_source=Testing&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=HideMe

The error message is only coming up with System pages (like Password reset success). Here is an example: http://www.inhem.org/_System/SystemPages/PasswordResetSuccess

This problem did not start occurring until I changed the html code of the default template used for these system pages.

Thank you for your help!

~DR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DR,
I have been having the same problem.  I am not a code guy but I have been going crazy with this issue since I do not have a back up site.  So knowing I didn't change any code and I haven't done anything fancy I figured out it was a broken link.  I had another page that was not linked yet and wanted to keep it there for safe keeping till I got around to do some work on it.  So please check any broken links on your site. 

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait I did do something else.  I should have done it step by step but unfortunately I did it all at once.  I removed my header as well as descriptions form the page properties.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I use Adobe Muse CC and just started getting the error that reads "Some files on the server may be missing..." I upload the Muse to FTP host: ftp://ftp.tmiproducts.net

The page is:

http://kerimatwick.com/project-11--web-ads.html

The images are misaligned and the GIF file doesn't work.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please help. I exported my site as HTML to  upload via FTP and i'm getting two error messages: "Adobe Muse export to HTML, Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author" and " MuseJSAssert: Error calling selector function:TypeError: Cannot read property 'msie' of undefined". I have reuploaded a number (FOLDERS AND CONTENTS) of times and it's not resolving the issue.

Here is the URL: Direct debit, debit orders, authentication, illegal debit orders, secure debit orders, protection fr...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a 403 error when attempting to visit your site. That's a file permissions error. I suspect the permissions on the files/folders you recently uploaded are set incorrectly and that's what's triggering this warning (due to the browser being unable to load some files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TeknigraMammash‌ your replies are showing up entirely blank on the forum. If you're attempting to post a screenshot or other attachment, that must be done in the forum UI within your browser. Attachments on e-mail replies are stripped off by the forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

Re “your replies are showing up are showing up entirely blank on the forum” I have not posted in a long time (and thanks for your help with Muse…) I have had hand surgery. I am not supposed to be doing intensive graphic art or music or other things that affect my hands for two months. As such, I have an automatic response to my email which lets people know that I will be generally out of the office.” If my comment in Muse forum have been pinged, I am guessing that is what is happening.

Thanks again, and these automatic emails will be stopping in about two weeks.

M HURLEY | 773.973.1614 | WWW.TEKNIGRAM.coM <http://www.teknigram.com/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

Re “your replies are showing up are showing up entirely blank on the forum” I have not posted in a long time (and thanks for your help with Muse…) I have had hand surgery. I am not supposed to be doing intensive graphic art or music or other things that affect my hands for two months. As such, I have an automatic response to my email which lets people know that I will be generally out of the office.” If my comment in Muse forum have been pinged, I am guessing that is what is happening.

Thanks again, and these automatic emails will be stopping in about two weeks.

M HURLEY | 773.973.1614 | WWW.TEKNIGRAM.coM <http://www.teknigram.com/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving that same frustrating message after loading a site converted to Muse CC 2014 using the "upload to ftp host" function or exporting to html and using Dreamweaver CC 2014 to upload. I completely removed to old site before each upload.The site appears OK on my 27" iMac, but the landing page sizes incorrectly on an iPad. All other pages appear normal. I could not find any errant text boxes, rectangles, etc. causing the issue. This was not the case before. Prior to converting to CC 2014 the site displayed correctly. I'm working on tablet and phone versions, but progress is slow due to my work schedule and I have to live with the flaw for a few more weeks... OUCH! Any ideas will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're hitting this with a site generated from Muse 2014.0.1 or later, please post the URL and we can tell you which files are missing or out-of-date. (Or if you're savvy with Developer Tools in your browser, you can use the info in the "answer" post above to get a list of the missing files and a list of the out-of-date files.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines