Some pages don't have a scroll bar!!!! WTH?!?!?!
I just noticed some pages at random on the websites are now missing the scroll bars. It's only in Chrome. (The most common browser)
I had been using an older version of Muse for a while (I think 2015 or 2016) and since I updated to the new version this week it's been one problem after another. All my websites are fixed width (Desktop + Phone)
It's for ALL the websites that I recently updated to the newest version of Muse 2018!!!!
(Once again a simple bug from a recent update is making my life harder than it should be)
Here are some examples:
*I've been using Muse since beta and am very good with it and have tried everything like changing page properties to scroll always and automatic. Nothing changes.
I just tried every link in Chrome and IE11 on laptop and Safari on iPhone. All pages are scrolling fine.
There are custom widgets on these sites, it might be worth temporarily disabling them if you are still having issues.
Well my customer just emailed me saying he couldn't scroll certain pages on the website and now he's getting the "Some files are missing on the server" error message.
I'm so sick of petty problems like this. Totally unprofessional on Adobe's part which makes me look unprofessional to my client.
It isn't the software! If it were, we would all have the same problem(s).
Why is it always the software and never the user of the user's computer that is the problem?
I just tested on an iMac using Safari, Firefox and Chrome, on a MacBook Air using Safari and on a Windows system using IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
Every single one seems to work just fine.
Ask your 'customer' to press ctrl+F5 (windows) cmd+R (mac) when viewing pages he has problems with.
Many users experience this problem. It was in one of the past beta versions, but was of a permanent nature in Firefox. Now it is floating in nature - it can not be reproduced, but it happens occasionally at individual users in Chrome. Personally, I recently also saw this problem in Chrome, but it disappeared in 10-20 seconds after the page was loaded.
I assume that in some cases, Chrome blocks the full load of the page, stopping only at the top of it. I suggest to the user who has encountered this problem, to include the console where the causes of this problem will be seen, to make a screenshot and to provide here that the developers could determine the cause.
Very often Chrome blocks the jQuery 1.8.3 load from CDN adobe servers - this causes a variety of problems, possibly including this problem.
Anybody out there from Adobe have a solution???
I still have more than one web pages that won't scroll. That's a pretty big problem for a website!
It's not all the pages, just some of the websites.
I tried your sites in safari, chrome and firefox. Scrolls perfect. So what should Adobe look at?
Thanks for the response.
To fix the problem I just reverted back to a Muse 2017 version and everything seems to be working fine now. I'll check with my client too.
I did have the problem on 3 separate computers and my customers computer too.
Then please show us a small(!!!) .muse file (Dropbox, CC Files, …), which we can check.
Unfortunately not for me.
Not really keen on downloading and analysing a 150 MB++ file. Therefore I wrote „show us a small(!!!) . muse file …".
Don’t tell me, it isn’t possible to strip this file down to a manageable size. If you don’t want to do this, why should I?
Only to give you a vague impression: If all .muse files, I was analysing only today for community members, had this size, I would have to wait for about 2,5 hours only to download them before even being able to have a look at …
Perhaps someone else here has a faster internet connection, more time, or won’t mind, if friendly requests are simply ignored …
The file has 179 MB. It scrolls on my side. But the scrolling issue might be the least one (in my opinion).
There's a lot of weird overlapping:
Overlapping and using a system font (the tiny little "T" in the right bottom corner of "The leader in Home Theatre …"
The menu is bleeding outside the canvas:
The guides for the header line (we call it "kopfzeile fuel den oberen Seitenrand") for the top border of the page is set up quite strange:
Although I could not detect this issue on the preview I guess, there's a reason why the header should be between these two lines.
Let me add the following:
It is very hard to find my way through the site as a user. I recommend to use a much smaller breakpoint like 1140 with a minimum width of 960 for desktop and/or give more space between elements.
As far as I can detect, I can see at least 7 different typo/fonts/paragraph styles. From a design point of view I would recommend not to use more than three different kind of font/typo/paragraph styles.
But this is of course on your side as a designer and not related to the original question.