• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still having Error 400: Font not available issues with Muse

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the solutions of signing out of CC, quoting Muse, signing back into CC and re-launching Muse.  But I still keep getting the Error 400: Font not Available.

What worked temporarily is that I removed the web font (Cabin) and then added it back in.  This worked for a couple of days.  Now it is not working.

I have web clients that need to have items posted to their sites on a daily basis.  Adobe and their fonts being hosted in the cloud is nothing but a nightmare.

I need a solution soon!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

"Me Too" Error 400

Error 400 with new MUSE 2018 again

I guess, you also tried the threads, mentioned above?

The second one may point to the right direction, but I don`t know your site or your link or if you use any 3rd party widgets which may cause the error.

Personally I had an issue today with an error 500, but this was one, because I was not locked in properly into the CC.

This doesn`t seem to be your case as you locked out, repaired and locked in again.

I also must admit, that I try to avoid typ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a constant source of irritation, I would remove that web font entirely. 

Stick with the web safe font-families  for Win/Mac.

CSS Font Stack: Web Safe and Web Font Family with HTML and CSS code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use this "Cabin"?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-15 um 07.38.48.png

Maybe you also used cabin from google font and use it both as a system font and a web font?

If so, delete cabin from all instances and use cabin from typekit window only.

To use web safe fonts only is one more ridiculous hint from Nancy, and it even is not save at all, if you watch her link.

Who wants 89 % or 92% safety? On Windows different from Mac? I drop over to dreamweaver forum and tell them how to place textboxes.

Better place the font with your website, please.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Yes - I used the Cabin font right from Adobe web fonts.  This website has published just fine for almost 2 years, and now all of the sudden I am getting the Font not available issue.

I have tried all of the quit Muse, sign out of CC, sign back into CC, relaunch Muse - and none of this helps.  This is a large site and would take many hours to go through and change the font.   In the end, I am afraid I am going to choose another Adobe web font that will also have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Me Too" Error 400

Error 400 with new MUSE 2018 again

I guess, you also tried the threads, mentioned above?

The second one may point to the right direction, but I don`t know your site or your link or if you use any 3rd party widgets which may cause the error.

Personally I had an issue today with an error 500, but this was one, because I was not locked in properly into the CC.

This doesn`t seem to be your case as you locked out, repaired and locked in again.

I also must admit, that I try to avoid typekit as much as possible and use WebEdgeFonts, which are google fonts mostly if not all.

But who am I to tell a designer which font to use?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this help article. 

Error 400: Font not available

Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit) have retired many fonts.  I looked for Cabin on their site and couldn't find it. I suspect that's why you're getting Error 400.   As I said in reply #1 remove the offending font and replace it with something else.

Search fonts | Adobe Fonts

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As one can see from my Screenshot, Cabin was available yesterday. Where did you look? Are two different sources?

I was kind of wrong. I "found" it on WebEdgeFonts. which should be a google font as well.

Maybe it works as a selfhosted webfont?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines