Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stretch to Browser Width issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Muse Support,

I use the latest version of Adobe Muse on Macbook Pro. I build my website with fixed width mode and set most of my full page image backgrounds to Stretch to Browser Width. There are several page-break points that are set in the design. However the Stretch to Browser Width function only works on pinned and final scroll motion set to 0's background. For any image background that is set to scroll without stop, it appears that it is not flexible to fit the width of the browser. There is a horizontal scrolling bar appears at the bottom when I shrink the browser width for testing. I have tested this with all the popular browsers, such as Safari, Chrome, Fire Fox and Internet Explorer. The result are the same. Although I used a third party plugin 'Hero' for full page images to fit in all screen sizes from Muse Theme, but there is no differences after I switched off the plugin during the preview in the browser.

Unfortunately I can't switch to the Fluid mode at the current stage of the build as I need Scroll Effects to work on many parts of the design.

Can you please tell me what I have done wrong, and how to fix this issue please?

Best regards,

Lilly

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 13.26.47.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 13.27.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilly,

please reduce your file to one page with one or two typical issues/questions and share it via CC or dropbox.

I must admit, I do not have a clue about your issues you encounter .

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for being difficult, can you please tell me how do I share the CC file link with your or Adobe Support team directly? I was trying to upload the file via my account by setting a support case, but failed.

Cheers,

Lilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Günter. This is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Please open the share link below for muse file.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you,

Lilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now exactly and in simple words: What and where can we find the issue, you are talking about?

I can see no horizontal scrollbar on Safari and Chrome on a Mac.

Internet Explorer 8? Really 8? This is a version of 2008, developed for Windows XP! Today, IE isn’t developed any more. Its last version was IE 11, which was replaced in 2017 by Microsoft Edge.

And:

Open the page „EN“ in Muse.

Zoom out considerably, so that you see the whole page.

Now drag the scrubber (= this grey vertical handle top right of the breakpoint bar) slowly inwards and observe your page elements.

You will see, that many elements bleed outside the breakpoint width at different states of dragging. This happens often with states buttons, but not because of the states buttons itself, but because of the content within.) Elements bleeding outside the breakpoint/page width is definitely not allowed to happen. It will cause horizontal shifting of you page, just as you can see in browser view.

Please read this: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953. It deals with fluid breakpoints, but will give you an impression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter,

The problematic sections are page 2, 4 and 5, you will see them in Layers. The full page image backgrounds are not flexible with Stretch to Browser Width function. You will find the full page image background at the bottom of each page, named as State Button. Please see attached pictures for reference.

Thank you,

Lilly

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 17.15.14.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 17.06.59.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 17.07.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please re-read my last post. I edited it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Günter,

Thank you for that doc, it does look like I have some elements bleed out.

Regarding the Internet Explorer 8, Sorry it was my fault, it's window 8 system we were testing on, not internet explorer 8.

Thank you.

Lilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines