• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to nest "stretch to browser" objects.

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal: Create a full browser width state button, which contains a full browser width object (rectangle).

Attempt 1;

1. Create state button, select "Stretch to browser"
  2. Create rectangle inside the  state button, attempt to switch it to "Stretch to browser", but no option given

Attempt 2;

1. Create state button, select "Stretch to browser"
  2. Create rectangle outside the state button, switch it to "Stretch to browser"
  3. Move rectangle into the state button, notice it preserves the "Stretch to browser" setting
  4. Preview page and observe that the rectangle does not actually stretch to browser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Logged one more bug that a composition inside another composition both cant be stretched to browser width.

Now, the closest solution to me looks like what has suggested in the previous thread, i.e making a combination of fluid + fixed width breakpoints.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have tried to play around with this, and found that if I drag the rectangle inside a state button, it doesn't stretch to browser.

However, if I draw the rectangle first set it as stretch to browser width and then just the drag the state button on top of the rectangle, it works out.

I know this might sound as a lame workaround, however only to enable you and meanwhile will also share this bug with our team for further investigation.

Here is a small example file for your reference - https://adobe.ly/2H36N6k

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the work around, but unfortunately this doesn't place the rectangle into the button itself, meaning it has to be always on top, which gives me another challenge of 'layering' the various object I need nested in the button (for layout purposes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's give it a try and we will work together in case of any further challenges.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush, but I think you misunderstood.  I did try it, and as soon as I discovered that the object won't be inside the statebutton I had to stop, since I need it layered below other objects in the statebutton (which is not possible when it's outside the statebutton.

Why is this important?  I'm trying to pin objects to the top of the browser (page header).  Unfortunately there is another bug that prevents proper fluid layout of objects when pinned.  The workaround for this other bug is to lay them all into statebutton & pin just the statebutton. Damned if you do, damned if you don't šŸ˜ž

See details about the other bug here... Re: fluid width page design & pinning inconsistencies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Logged one more bug that a composition inside another composition both cant be stretched to browser width.

Now, the closest solution to me looks like what has suggested in the previous thread, i.e making a combination of fluid + fixed width breakpoints.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines