• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website not working on internet explorer and edge

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using these two browsers my slide menu is open by standard (you can read all the menu points) and all the menu points are not clickable.

I don´t know what to do. Implementing these lines won´t work.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10"/>

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>

Since this is a mild disaster I would be glad to get support by the staff here.

Nils

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Yes Muse should work on all browsers with standard code, you used code/widget from museforyou. If this doesn`t work, it even does not work most widgets in their preview on their website, so why should it work on your website.

As this might not be helpfull at all (sorry), you should ask the vendors of this widget why it doesn´t work, I´m afraid.

It might be that Muse is under EndOfLive and museforyou doesn´t support their own widgets anymore because of this.

I also noticed some "UMLAUT" in your nami

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be glad to help if only I could get a link.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

my site and it´s content is confidential as long as it is not officially published. I would like to give you access but not via a public post. Please leave me a mail-adress or something similar where I can reach out to you in private.

Thanks

Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nils,

nilsl73690887  schrieb

Hi Uwe,

my site and it´s content is confidential as long as it is not officially published.

Confidential in the www is hardly to believe. In this forum we normally keep things confidential as mostly we all togehther try to help each other, means everybody can see everything (and learn something). Credentials however are set as a pm in most cases, but even then one has to trust the other . You may go with Nancy OShea and her advice to take a look at some overlapping elements.

Maybe the menu is on master but not on top level? I cannot recommend the code as I don`t have an idea, why websites should need extra code for IE or Edge – I would drop both of them. Isn`t it really timed out to use browsers for one platform only?

You could give it a go to watch out the page with the menu and look very precise to your layers. Be aware that layers work sitewise and not pagewise. So layers on master correspond to layers on pages of course. You could pm me, clicking my avatar but I cannot test it on the web. I am a mac user.

You could try to send some screenshots from layerspalette with the menu and a screenshot from one pages layerpalette.

This should´nt affect confidentiallyness.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

„Confidential“ is no issue at all:

1. Delete all pages, except one, which shows your issue.
  2. Delete all content, which is not related to your issue.
  3. The small rest should be very easy to anonimize: Replace original text/images by placeholder text/images.
  4. Save this .muse file under a new name.
  5. Upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service.
  6. Post the download link here.

Smells like work? Well, you want to solve an issue …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the URL to your problem page.  I'm guessing something is overlapping your menu items making the links inaccessible.  

It's a good idea to add the 2nd meta tag to projects to prevent compatibility mode.  But I don't recommend the 1st one because it's outdated. 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10"/>

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this forum is for users, not Adobe staff

your website is using custom (bad) code so this isn't a Muse question so best of luck with it mate but we are not a help desk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ussnorway but muse should work on all browsers with standard code. We are all paying money to adobe.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Muse should work on all browsers with standard code, you used code/widget from museforyou. If this doesn`t work, it even does not work most widgets in their preview on their website, so why should it work on your website.

As this might not be helpfull at all (sorry), you should ask the vendors of this widget why it doesn´t work, I´m afraid.

It might be that Muse is under EndOfLive and museforyou doesn´t support their own widgets anymore because of this.

I also noticed some "UMLAUT" in your naming,

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-05 um 17.09.21.png

which should be strictly avoided on websites. This also is not the solution to your issue, I guess. It is just BTW.

Best of luck for you,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mr. Heißenbüttel and Uwe,

I did what you said.

https://we.tl/haT4nbwbgB

If you view this page in edge and Explorer, the error occurs. Just compare it to chorme for example where everything is fine.

Thanks for the help.

Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines