• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website Performance Issue on Muse 2017.1(Slideshow images cutoff)

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the link for the website published from the previous version of Muse (July 10, 2017):

LINK

Below is the link for the website published from the latest version of Muse (August 22, 2017):

LINK

Both website were exported from the same Muse file without any extra editing. Right away problem can be seen on the top Home slideshow. Part of the image is cut off or probably the image inside the slideshow is not positioned correctly.

However the most prominent problem is the site responsive performance. While the previously published website is not as smooth as I'd like it to be, considering the number of elements inside the single page, I think the performance is quite acceptable. In the version published from the new Muse, I think the performance is really bad particularly the time delay it took when switching from one breakpoint to another.

I don't usually like to revert back to older version of the Muse application, but considering the situation, I'd like to know if that option is available? This is a template that I'm selling and if that option is possible, I can let my clients know about it. At least until the application gets more stable.

For your information, I've seen problems on other webpages from my series of templates published on the latest Muse too. Not just this one.

Looking forward to hear from the Muse team.

Regards,

CJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

The latest update to Muse is ready for download. This update addresses most of the issues reported since 2017.1. Please confirm these fixes as soon as you have had a chance to test them.

There is one new feature in the latest update, and it is a feature that will help you make a smooth transition to a next update allowing you to go back and use your files in a previous version of Muse in case it becomes necessary.

Automatic creation of a backup file after you convert files to the next version:

When

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really the answer to my issue but I've found the way to install previous Muse version from other thread. Refer to image below.

Install-Previous-Muse.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please upload share your file so that we can look into it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have PM you the Muse files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very interested in this fix as well. I was working on a client's project, and took a chance and updated. It broke my slideshow in the same way too. Thanks and please come up with a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please check below thread Re: Fullscreen does not work in slideshow widget   if it helps you.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The file you shared on dropbox is not available anymore.

Also I couldn't see Images cut off on the link you shared http://tersus12test.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Could you please share snapshots stating the issue and share file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can see the cutoff image from the image below.

Apart from that problem, I am more concern about the responsive performance. There is a significant lag when changing breakpoint in the new website compare to the old one.

Regarding the thread that you mentioned above, I haven't been able to test it yet since I have rolled back to the previous version of Muse. I can't seem to install both versions.

I will pm you the Muse file again.

Thanks.

Slideshow-Cutoff.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! Any ideas on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated. I need to get some updates to my site live ASAP, but cannot do it without resolving this issue first.

Thanks you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest update to Muse is ready for download. This update addresses most of the issues reported since 2017.1. Please confirm these fixes as soon as you have had a chance to test them.

There is one new feature in the latest update, and it is a feature that will help you make a smooth transition to a next update allowing you to go back and use your files in a previous version of Muse in case it becomes necessary.

Automatic creation of a backup file after you convert files to the next version:

When you open an existing Adobe Muse file using the latest version of the application, file conversion takes place. Earlier, after the file conversion, when you saved your file, you were not able to open the file in an older version of Adobe Muse.

Now, when you open and save an existing file in Adobe Muse (2018.0), you see the following warning message:

If you click OK, a backup file is saved in the same location as your original file. You can use this backup file with the older versions of Adobe Muse.

Note: The backup file is created only for those files that are converted after you open the file using the latest version of Adobe Muse.

More details provided in this doc - https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/whats-new.html.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines