• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What am I overlooking?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a couple websites with MUSE for a couple different clients, but I'm not really going to go into the back-story with these, I just need to see why in the world when anytime I go to make very simple changes to the sites and then upload them to the servers, the websites then become "Incorrect" (The layouts completely change from the way that they were). I've been stuck on this for a couple days figuring that I'd be able to figure it out by now, but unfortunately I have not. For example, look at this page: Contact Us - Now when I just delete the row of text "Emaill2: christianchurchofconnellsville@gmail.com". Then save and re-upload it, it throws all of the below text way off to the left and removes almost all the formatting. This is just one of many examples of the same thing that I'm running into. But this one should be the easiest to explain. If anyone here knows what is happening or what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Any and all answers will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for visiting our website. We hope the next time we see you  will be on Sunday morning worshiping beside us.

Christian Church Of Connellsville

212 South Pittsburgh St.

Connellsville, PA 15425

Phone: 724-628-3802

Fax: 724-628-3803

Email: disciples1st@yahoo.com

Email2: christianchurchofconnellsville@gmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

I reduced the textbox to the amount necessary, as it was two lines too big to the bottom.

Maybe this caused your issues. I was not able to reproduce your issue, though:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-09 um 08.45.02.png

Now, deleting the EMAIL 2 let´s some space, obviously because it has the same space as in the muse, but nothing is pushed sideways at all. On which device did you encounter the pushing sideways ?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-09 um 08.47.05.png

Brings me to another recommendation: Masterpages should not contain almost the whole content, except you dont want your client to make edi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only I am watching the header, I could assume that there are more than one problem:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-08 um 21.03.32.png

As long as you don`t use responsive neither adaptive design I guess, there are some alignment and pinnings that are unnecessary.

Do really help, I suggest to show us a .muse. Best would be to have only the contact-page and the corresponding master of course.

Your design is done with fixed width, while the "Christian Church" is somehow pinned.

That might has nothing to do with your contact form, but indicates that there are some misunderstandings, how muse works.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response. And yes I'm definitely not saying that I'm a pro with MUSE at all. With: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Scene7, etc... thats a little different story. That's basically why I decided to use MUSE, to remain in the Adobe ecosystem thinking that it would be a little easier. So some misunderstandings is a great way to put it.... So your thinking that since I have that effect going on with the header that somehow that's more than likely interfering with any editing that I try to do below? And how do you think I should show you the MUSE file and the MASTER page so that possibly I could get a little understanding on why it works until I make the slightest changes and re-upload it. As for the responsiveness of the website, there wasn't a need for this site to really work on anything but desktops, so I didn't keep that as a concern when designing the site.

Does this work for you? www.directlyart.com/testingchurch/ChurchWebsite-ToReview.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fotoroeder, have you had a chance to glance at the issue that I'm having by chance. I'll have some time tomorrow to do so, however I won't have hours to waste trying to just get rid of that one line of text. Hope you have a thought on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reduced the textbox to the amount necessary, as it was two lines too big to the bottom.

Maybe this caused your issues. I was not able to reproduce your issue, though:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-09 um 08.45.02.png

Now, deleting the EMAIL 2 let´s some space, obviously because it has the same space as in the muse, but nothing is pushed sideways at all. On which device did you encounter the pushing sideways ?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-09 um 08.47.05.png

Brings me to another recommendation: Masterpages should not contain almost the whole content, except you dont want your client to make edits – Masterpage-content is not editable in IBE.

Instead place your footer and the menu on Master and the content that may differ from page to page to the corresponding page.

I also recommend to use responsive design and add some breakpoints, one for tablet and one for mobile.

In your case: on biggest breakpoint right-click on the breakpoint bar to get "add breakpoint". Add one at 768 with fix width (now you see the 960 bp active, rightclick to get add breakpoint at 768 with fluid width (yes, the same numbers) just to finally right click and change breakpoint properties  to get the minimum width 0f 320.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-09 um 08.57.02.png

Change your design as necessary and it should pretty much work.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man thank you so much for all your help today. Yeah I totally know and agree with you about the master pages not having “ALL” of the content in them. I am aware of that. This was the first Muse site that I ever made and it is not done correctly I do know that. However I did not want to take the time to redo it to remove a line. I just have other things going on. Eventually I will absolutely redo this site using Muse the way that it is meant to be used. And as for when everything gets pushed over to the left, is after I would upload it to it’s resting place on their server, through FTP. Device wise, I only was checking it on my Mac (desktop). I will be redesigning/revamping the site to be responsive especially now that scroll speed and responsiveness work together. Back when I initially made this site those two things didn’t work together. (As far as I was aware). And wow man thanks for your recommendation s on the breakpoints! That will more than likely same me a lot of time in the future. I’ll have to shoot you over this site one day after I do revamp it. But like I said previously I have some other things on my plate that trump this one. I’m currently on an iPhone and can’t really double check what you did, but I’m taking it that you figured it out. If not I’ll let you know tomorrow. And once again thank you tremendously for taking the time to do all that you did!

:star:️:star:️:star:️:star:️:star:️

iPhone response

Greg Metzger

http://www.directlyart.com

greg@directlyart.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome all day long. Don`t trump too much .

One more recommendation: Use publish to FTP out of muse instead of upload with an ftp-app like filezilla or cyberduck.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually doing the uploading both ways yesterday. It seemed to not make a difference. Out of curiosity why do you recommend doing it right out of Muse? Before yesterday I always exported the html and yes used Cyberduck. But after using Muse to directly upload it yesterday I did like that better, especially how it has that option to only upload what was changed. But anyways why is it that you recommend doing it that way also?

iPhone Response

Greg Metzger

http://www.directlyart.com

greg@directlyart.com

724-466-8922

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your point with "upload only changes" is the first one. Also inbrowserediting is available. Basically it is just at least one step less to be necessary. Counting that you have to start cyberduck as well, do the login (I know, it does it quite automatically), drag the files, close cyberduck it takes 5 steps altogehther, while publish to ftp is one click.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good & points taken. Yeah I never heard of that "inbrowserediting". I'll have to check that out sometime. I'm going to be able to try and edit that darn page here sometime today, so I'll let you know how it goes. If I run into any other snags, I'm sure you'll hear from me again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can´t wait .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines