• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's sad about the last Muse update

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad thing about the last Muse update is showing us how bad and unreliable the software is becoming.

I spend a whole day updating several web sites, to figure out in the end that the update broke it completely. A whole day of work lost. Today I'm going back to the previous version and I'm going to redo all the work I did yesterday. I'm lucky that I have previous versions of all my projects.

Working with Muse in my client's websites requires a certain level of trust. How do I know if the next update will broke dozens of projects developed? That's the thing: I don't know. Reading the complaints here in the forum it's just sad and to watch the Adobe staff asking for details about the responsive placement bug looks like Adobe didn't do their homework - to beta test the update BEFORE release.

When my CC app pop-up the last update I was SURE that was going to help me. It did the other way around and I lost a whole day of work.

So, dear Adobe, please, take care of your paying costumers. We are definitely not your beta testers. Please envolve from this and learn. Update MUST BE extensively tested BEFORE you lunch it. That's why you have a beta testing program. Jezz, how many guys do you have there? Two or three?

Adobe software is used by professionals and we can't be interrupted just because you launched a broken update. You have to be more connected with your costumers, listen more and be aware of you responsibility as a software company. Projects, clients, businesses are ate stake here. And that's not the first time it happens. It happened before in the last update with Adobe Illustrator.

Take action! 1. Pull out the last update. There are tons of people breaking their web sites with the last update. 2. State an apology for your costumers. Show your concern and that your are listening. 3. Show that your team is working on the bug around the clock. Give us ETA for the next fix.

Adobe, please, you guys have to take the next step and evolve from this. I work with you for almost 20 years, and this is an embarrassment for the Adobe history.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous. You created a bug that will occur in what must be 90% of all sites (anything with a full width object).

The plugin you released doesn't fix it and you have no eta on an actual fix and your answer is to install a prior version of Muse based on the hope people have old version of their project available? What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bugs are they because they were trying to make the app better and more fluid. Still that's not an excuse though. Their test engineers should have done better job and not rely too much on users feedback.

I know it's frustrating but I think they are doing the best they can right now. If you follow the PreRelease program, you can see that new version is released regularly now. It's been updated a few times in the past 2 weeks. Now it's version 2017.2. You can download this latest release and report back errors and bugs that you see so that they know, and can investigate and do something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SoulTen​: Just to avoid misunderstandings: There is actually no new public version available. But I think, it won’t take long, until it will be released.

And „one more thing“ : I think, we – the participants of the Muse Prerelease Program – failed as well in nailing the issues of the actual version too! We obviously were too eager to see all this new functionality, the Muse team packed into the release, so that we didn’t pay enough attention to testing the application – what, on the other hand, is quite difficult, because Muse is that flexible (element scaling, widget nesting), that is is quite heavy, to test all possible situations and use cases, which may occur, when using the app.

Therefore: Let us look forward to the bugfix release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I tried to message you via your photo>message icon. The "send" button is greyed out. I hope this works.

This is what I want to convey:

"I have read your forums, and it looks several people have issues. Mine happen upon publishing. After 15% of the upload, program crashes with error message: "adobe muse cc has encountered an error and will now exit. please report the last few actions you took leading up to this error to the adobe muse cc team. did not expect mixed node types for leaves with the same key."

​Also after update i get this every time I open Muse: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk2\DR2"

​I think there were occasional crashes while performing some simple operations but I don't remember what they were. Publishing has been consistently impossible after this version, though, and even after reinstalling the software and restarting the computer.

​Installing a previous version didn't recognize my files. The only thing I haven't tried is to install your beta version of Muse, which sounds scary to me.

​I had a backup but it was done after July 10, so it crashes also. Frustrating. Lots of work are on the line. Help!

​I can send my file via WeTransfer if you  want to test it. Or what other recommendation do you have? I'm stuck.

​Thank you for your prompt advice!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Muse is WORSE as of 9.23.17. I have been a user for 3 years and have problems now I never had before. When I hit the keyboard to enter a paragraph sometimes it now takes 10 seconds for Muse to respond. I go to Task Manager and the application changes from "running" to "not responding" to "running" again while muse is processing the keystroke command. Preview is glacially slow too - just one page can take 20 second.

I am using a big Windows 7 machine. 2017.1 file format 379

I did a Malwarebytes search - no problems. No keystroke logger or other malware.

I have 8 gigs of RAM and plenty of resources for the job.

I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED the program - nope still the same problem.

I cleaned the registry

Microsoft security essentials is running in real time

Adobe is becoming like Microsoft. I DONT DO ANY UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT because they end up fking up stuff with updates. I don't trust GATES AT ALL. I am starting to get scared that Adobe is turning into the same thing and that you will be scared updating anything especially when the existing version is running smoothly. The FIRST OPERATING PRINCIPLE of a software company moving from update to update should be like the medical profession: ABOVE ALL ELSE DO NO HARM. DON'T MAKE THINGS WORSE. Software vendors routinely ignore this idea.

I can't switch software the switching costs would be prohibitive. So I have to live with it. We're tenant farmers on Adobe subscription plantation. I wouldn't mind so much if the software worked right. And I am not confident the Indians at tech support would have an answer. Some of them are very capable and they do try to help. I just can't understand them.

Wish I could be more help Danilo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have done a couple of fixes in our pre-release program. Can you please join and download pre-release build and let us know the still issue is there? If so can you please share your muse file where you are seeing this issue

I would like to invite you to join our pre-release, where you can install the upcoming build with fixes included.

**Prerelease would require you to sign NDA**

Adobe Prerelease Program

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually just ask your paying customers to beta test for you? What fresh hell is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our users regularly and voluntarily test our software for us on our various prerelease programs to ensure that the final build meets their requirements. Having users test our software ahead of the release ensure that we capture a greater breadth of scenarios than what would be otherwise possible.

Like Guenter said, this is completely voluntary.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t you think, it may be really helpful for further development of Muse to see, what users experience?

Nobody forces you to assist …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree!

This is just OUTRAGEOUS to put version with THAT MANY ISSUES into RELEASE(production).

I believe it is some sort of hypocrisy to bill users for “great” not working product and than ask them to test it and point out issues, because otherwise they are stuck without a working solution. Personally I can not stand it for any longer, no more Muse in my new projects (I just can not rely on it for any longer!!).

However I have got some questions to product team:

1. Can I get a refund for not working product?

2. Can I bill adobe for time spent trying to make my websites work in new version (just had to do that as long as needed to implement new features, quit doing that eventually and switched to previous version, thanks to myself that I have got back ups for previous version)?

3. Does anyone from the SENIOR MANAGEMENT know about this “super release” OR this situation is going to drown in “please join pre-release forum”  support, and USERs are going to FACE this sort of UNACCEPTABLE PRODUCT QUALITY in future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another broken site here, days work wasted, and now rolled back to the previous version. I was under the illusion that these days an update could never be that bad - so did not apply due diligence and check reviews of the latest release - won't be caught with my pants down again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should take responsible action and pull this update, save companies lost time / money rather than allow the users to be guinea pigs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should hotfix this one bug. Its the only game breaking issue I've found in the current release.

Obviously the 1000% increased time to export to HTML sucks.

The fact that preview in browser just doesn't work any more sucks.

The fact that even opening a local copy of a site exported from muse takes forever sucks.

I love the one about the pop-up that occurs saying the site has changed click ok to refresh the site that requires you to edit an xml file to prevent from happening.

Seriously adobe get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To verify bug fixes, I suggest downloading a prerelease build for testing http://adobe.ly/2cX7wIN. You can let the team know of your observations using he prerelease forum. This will help ensure that the next update meets all your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Preran but I work at a software development company. If we told our customers "go download an old version" or "download our beta software and help us test it" we'd go out of business.

You're lucky Adobe is in a position that there are little to no alternatives to your products so you can choose to treat your customers poorly. The rest of us aren't that lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Preran,

Probably you don't understand or care about my business.

Time is of the essence.

I am a client of Adobe Creative Suite for about 25 years.

I'm somehow a good client.

'Go ask your third part' is not what I am expecting from the guys who made the boo-boo in the first place.

For your info, Qooqee don't give a damn about my issue, either.

So, I will have to tell my client he will no longer have a movie in his home page, if I don't find a solution on my own by Monday.

Have a nice week end on my account.

Regards,

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion to ask the inventor came from my side as a freelance photographer and "web designer".

I do this in my spare time.

To use 3rd party widgets has always been unpredictable unfortunately.

To add video to your website, I hope there are more ways than qooqee widgets to use.

You paid qooqee for this - blame them.

https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/products/fullscreen-video-widget

https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/products/background-video

https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/products/html5-video-player

and some more:

https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/video

Learn from youtube – without widget – around 14:00 minutes to watch

How To Make A Video Background In Adobe Muse (No Widgets Needed) - YouTube

Videos in Adobe Muse - YouTube

and many many more …

I personally try to avoid 3rd party as much as possible!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quote:

However I have got some questions to product team:

1. Can I get a refund for not working product?

2. Can I bill adobe for time spent trying to make my websites work in new version (just had to do that as long as needed to implement new features, quit doing that eventually and switched to previous version, thanks to myself that I have got back ups for previous version)?

3. Does anyone from the SENIOR MANAGEMENT know about this “super release” OR this situation is going to drown in “please join pre-release forum”  support, and USERs are going to FACE this sort of UNACCEPTABLE PRODUCT QUALITY in future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in deep trouble with a client. The home page had a video loop in full screen. I had to make a small text change and now the home page VIDEO WIDGET DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. NONE OF THE WIDGETS I TRIED UP UNTIL NOW DO. This is costing time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your backed up file with the previous version of muse, I suggest.

Which video widget did you use? 3rd Party widget? You should ask them, why their widget doesn`t work anymore.

Best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I will try ask to Qooqee.

The widget is Full Screen Video V.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need some patience. Qooqoo is slow sometimes. I invite Preran​ and ankushr40215001​ to this. They have higher contact level than me.

The people from qooqee may need your muse file to check.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that they will fix any bugs before the next Muse update. Like Uwe suggested, contact their support team for investigation to see if they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in to make sure this app is still broken.

Still broken? We going for 3 months with live critical bugs? Cool Adobe.. Cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

no solutions and no fixes

it is surreal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines