• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I paste my tracking code from google analytics?

Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I paste my tracking code from google analytics?

Do I paste it onto the template page ony? if so where?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

You can paste the Google analytics javascript code into the metadata of the Page Properties dialog for each page you want to track.

1. Right click or Ctrl-Click on the page in Plan or Design View

2. Select Metadata in the Page Properties dialog

3. Paste the javascript code from Google Analytics into the HTML for <head> field

pageprop.jpg

The javascript codes will appear in the HTML once you publish or export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using BC templates you can add the GA script to your templates, right before the closing </body> tag. Otherwise, if you're purely using Muse you need to add it to your Master Page as a raw HTML widget and then every page created from an instance of that master page will have that code in it, which is what you want. The code should be placed as close as possible to the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can paste the Google analytics javascript code into the metadata of the Page Properties dialog for each page you want to track.

1. Right click or Ctrl-Click on the page in Plan or Design View

2. Select Metadata in the Page Properties dialog

3. Paste the javascript code from Google Analytics into the HTML for <head> field

pageprop.jpg

The javascript codes will appear in the HTML once you publish or export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which beta version has the "HTML for HEAD" field in the Page Properties? Would it be possible to include the GA tracking code in the Description field in the earlier versions? Or will that interfere with an actual description? I did note that entering the code into the description field will insert it into the Head section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this HTML for <head> is in the next release, so the feature isn't available yet. Do not paste the codes into the Description field, that will turn the javascript into metadata, and it will not execute.

You can copy the tracking codes into the Insert HTML dialog on the master page or the individual pages. This will put a <script> block into the <body> tag, but it should execute correctly.

1. Go to Object>Insert HTML...

2. Paste the Google Analytics javascript tracking codes

3. the resulting page item won't "draw" in the exported HTML but the javascript will export and run.

htmlcode.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML for <head> is in the next release

oh, do you know when and if this release is gonna be public ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dslatton,

Im using muse 2.0 , where do I place the html code for google analytics tracking without ruining any alignment in the main body? I dont have a metadata tab on the page properties, (i think i did on an earlier version but its gone now). Anyway, do i place the html tag at the bottom? I was advised before to place it at the top but have found that this has been knocking off all my boarders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Make sure you are not checking the page properties for a master page as they don't have metadata tab.

Also, check this article for more information,

Strategies for Muse site search engine optimization

- http://www.adobekb.com/strategies_for_seo.html

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton Hatton, I just came accross the same problem and can't seem to find a way to fix it. When I place the html code for google analytics in the HTML for <head> in page properties, page layout... my alignment on all my pages are ruined. Some text on page moves in the middle of nowehere on the pages. How to fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very strange, since anything placed in the <head>, with no css style values, should have no impact on your layout. Do you have your website url for us to check ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place it inside site temlate just befor closing body tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should create a few Google adsense tutorials for DreamWeaver and Muse. Having said that do you need the Google analytics HTML in order for the adsense ads to start making money? I want to start using Google adsense ASAP but I don't really know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume the code is the code at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingOverview  ?

i'm not sure why, i would think that pasting this in to metadata on page properties of master pages would be easiest.   on master pages i don't get the layout/metadata choice in the page properties dialog box.   i do if i look at page properties in an individual non-master page.   i must be missing something.   seems like you wouldn't necessarily have to go to each page to place the code in that page's metadata?

this may be an old thread... i'm currently running muse v3.2 build 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rebuilding a site in Muse.  The first site was done in Dreamweaver, which I am completely clueless in.  I have completed the entire site and now I am trying to enter meta data.  Can I just copy over whats there from the old Dreamweaver pages?

For example: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

I have no clue what this means.

Right now the site is shows up as #1 in google when searching our business field, and we dont want to loose the ranking.  How important is the meta data in reference to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above, Mario refers to adding a "raw HTML widget" to the master page . . . but I'm not finding that widget listed.

Where is this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering my own question: Its listed under Object > Insert HTML...

but not in the Widgets Library Panel. (??)

After successfully pasting the HTML for a Twitter Follow button several of my navigation buttons scrambled around into new, unwanted positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Those buttons from twitter, google, facebook are also called "widgets", sorry for the (common) misunderstanding.

But, those widgets (who come in various flavours) can be raw HTML which are inside tags (<something></something>) are to be copied, as you found in Object menu > Instert HTML

Now, for the scrambling around, we'd need to see your layout as one button shouldn't interfere with the others… Did you insert many different html objects ? What is the code inside each ? Put here a URL we can have a look at, and/or a link to the muse (zipped) file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - the zip file is posted:

http://www.melristau.com/twitterFollowButton.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i get from the browser :

Capture d’écran 2013-05-13 à 22.47.21.png

Which is what i have in muse :

Capture d’écran 2013-05-13 à 22.45.20.png

I see the side nav scrambled, but it's already the case in the file…

Do you see/expect something different ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have checked the Twitter Follow button in browser I guess. Still, it doesn't present accurately in Muse. The nav scramble happened upon insert of HTML of Twitter's button code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried over and over to paste my Google Analytics code into the Page Properties >> Metadata >> Head Code area and Muse will not let me paste. I tried on the HOME page and on MASTER page. Why not? I'm using Muse 2014 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you get any error, while pasting it? Also try Analytic widget Add Google Analytics | Exchange | Adobe Muse CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logical answers that people have given don't work. I tried all of those before even posting the question. For some strange reason I can't paste into any of the Page Properties dialog boxes for description, keywords, code, etc. . .everything is grayed out. I have to go to each page and manually type in the page description, keywords, and it's becoming very frustrating and time-consuming. For that matter, I also can't paste url addresses in the hyperlink area, I always have to type out each link --- another waste of time.

Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to create a new discussion with this. More people would see it, and it's not really related to the original topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been mentioned many times already in this thread.... but you CANNOT add the analytics code to your head section.  You either have to use the analytics widget (see link below), or add it to the master page (master page > object > insert html).

here's the widget > Add Google Analytics | Exchange | Adobe Muse CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines