• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

who will cover the costs of redoing the websites

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my customers is an entertainment agency for Film, TV and Stage, and i update their website daily with new film positions etc, who is going to cover the cost of re-doing their 40 page website in a different programme - are you going to cover the costs Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willowtownboy,

I seriously don't have an answer to your question.

We have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2470136 and will be inviting our experts here to participate.

Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just goes to show you how unreliable they are.  I will continue to use photoshop and illustrator however, but that will be it.  I will never trust their services again! Just look at how indecisive they were with their mobile apps. They changed them every few months, new name or discontinued.  How about instead of coming up with 40 new garbage programs that never work as they are supposed to you make a few that actually do what they are supposed to.  Unreal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among other things I have done with Muse is a complicated (took a year to create) site for an international advocacy group, which is updated regularly. It was a well-received site, and I'm still proud of it. The thought of now trying to recreate that with some web builder or some garbage is sickening. Literally. I feel physically sick when I think of the hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars invested in Muse, at the encouragement of Adobe, who up until a week ago were still showcasing the Site of the Day and telling people all about the wonderful, professional sites they can build with Muse, while behind the scenes they were planning to pull the rug out from under us. It's unreal. I feel conned and taken advantage of like I have never felt before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

webflow.io is the way to go.  It really is an amazing company.  On top of that you learn so much about css and coding even while building visually with webflow.  Really helpful and cant recommend it enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bri-idea. webflow.io looks promising and very convenient at $16/month for the "Lite" version. Shall we suggest Adobe discount us those $16/month from the CC membership? Maybe they can discuss that too in their "discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths" A.C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only I had even been able to get Webflow to work at all. It just kept bringing up an uneditable blank window and nothing worked the way it was demonstrated in their tutorials. It was the extreme opposite of helpful for me. Also, the thought of now having to pay for yet another subscription makes me feel crazy. I don't have that kind of income. I volunteer for nonprofits when I'm not being the full-time caregiver for a severely disabled spouse. And I don't want an online tool. I'm glad if it has worked for some people, but it certainly hasn't worked for me.

Adobe has just made my life so much harder it is unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that there is a much larger learning curve than something like muse (much closer to using photoshop).  It took some time to learn but I actually learned more about html and css from webflow in a week than years of using adobes products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO, it is not. Not until it is offline app. It is nice I have used but it is not an alternative to MUSE because with MUSE it is offline based tool that you can use on any really good laptop and be taken anywhere and worked on projects at anytime. Because all you need is the browser to see the workflow without the internet connect. So stop with this BS and spreading other ideas around saying what is going to better. This BS on Adobe's part and they need to answer for it. It is also more BS that how the third party developers stood by and didn't take notice and now they are pointing their fingers at other solutions like webflow. Again WF is nice, I have used it but it is not up to par yet. Much still needs to be done to it. I am CMS builder as well and I love the CMS implications in WF but it doesn't allow much for injecting code into the tool like MUSE was allowing me to. I can tie in other CMSs and CDNs and my own codes and turn them into .mulibs either in sublime text editor or right in MUSE itself. So again lets focus on getting Adobe to get their head out of their ass and change this BS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question too  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines