• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is My Muse So Slow Just Copy/Pasting Text?

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've noticed that Muse cant take up to 3-4 minutes when I'm just copy/pasting a few words of text into a text box.  Anyone else run into this issue?  I can provide my Muse fileif someone at Adobe can research it and help me out, it's killing my productivity.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

I seemed to find a work around. I created a new blank slide on my site, copied (in place) the text block I wanted to replace with new copy (In my case, French from English), and when I copied the new text from Word into the text block, it placed the text right away. Then I just copied (in place) the text block back to my original page.

Hope this helps....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this too, while using the newest version of Muse. By far not 3, 4 minutes, but sometimes I have to wait for 2, 3 seconds, what could lead to double pasting text, because I paste it a second time, assuming, I didn't hit the keys correctly the first time.

This happens here, when pasting text into text boxes, which are heavily "multi nested" (text container within a composition within a composition).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be helpful if you can provide muse file, we will debug internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amitcs06​:

Look at this sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0fpnzcp8ckbzfn/text-copy-paste.muse?dl=0​

• Go to the last trigger.
  • Cut 2, 3 lines of of text. (cmd+X)
  • Past it in again. (cmd+V)

You will encounter a noticeable delay of 2, 3 seconds.

Please note, that the composition in this sample file normally is nested into another composition, which slows down copy/paste even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this EXACT same issue running the latest version of Muse on Windows 7.

I copy and paste text whether from Word, the Web, or even a plain text file with unformatted text. It literally takes 3-4 minutes to paste into Muse EVERY TIME! What a pain in the ass.

I found it has issues pasting directly into a text box (e.g. replacing text or adding text to a text box). If I just paste text into Muse and it creates a new text box automatically, then it does this very quickly.

This only started happening in the latest version. Also, when the text pasting happens, Muse become unresponsive and I can't do anything else with it but wait until it comes back. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your muse file and specific steps so that we can investigate issue from our end ? Meanwhile some issue has been fixed in pre-release and provide feedback by joining muse pre-release program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since my Muse project is confidential, I cannot share it. I also cannot participate in the prerelease beta program since I am using Muse in a production environment and I can't take that risk.

muse-copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't anonymise a sample site by deleting all pages but one, by replacing/deleting images and use lorem ipsum text? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah take a walk in my shoes this week with pressing deadlines. Yeah really I don't have time for that. Some people are quite busy at work, you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. If you are that busy, that you can’t assist the Muse team to help you by providing a sample file – I think you have to wait or live with your issues, until other users provide files to examine. We can’t help, because this is presumably a code issue.

By the way: You told us: "Some people are quite busy at work, you know?“ Nice, to remind me, that I am „busy“ too. Have nice day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martini23646994  wrote

I have this EXACT same issue running the latest version of Muse on Windows 7.

I copy and paste text whether from Word, the Web, or even a plain text file with unformatted text. It literally takes 3-4 minutes to paste into Muse EVERY TIME! What a pain in the ***.

I found it has issues pasting directly into a text box (e.g. replacing text or adding text to a text box). If I just paste text into Muse and it creates a new text box automatically, then it does this very quickly.

This only started happening in the latest version. Also, when the text pasting happens, Muse become unresponsive and I can't do anything else with it but wait until it comes back. Very frustrating.

Windows 7 will send that code (from browser, Word or textpads) to the clipboard first where it is scanned for malware and metacode is added or removed in the case of Microsoft Word... then it is sent to Adobe Muse.

I can think of a dozen ways those steps can be slowed down without Muse being involved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same issue, granted I am only waiting 23 seconds per copy/paste.

Note: it also happens inside Muse, not just copying from Word or notepad... so I don't think it has to do with scanning files between programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to find a work around. I created a new blank slide on my site, copied (in place) the text block I wanted to replace with new copy (In my case, French from English), and when I copied the new text from Word into the text block, it placed the text right away. Then I just copied (in place) the text block back to my original page.

Hope this helps....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution with us. Marking your answer as correct only because it should provide some relief until the next update is announced.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue, and it's even crashed Muse (or I've forced wait). Is Adobe looking to fix the bugs in the latest release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dodger50 , please share a file for the Muse team to demonstrate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to share my Windows ver website using 2017.1 file format 379.

Where do I send the website as a muse file????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these steps:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!​

You can send it to the forum, so more people can watch for issues (3rd party widgets?).

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why but my Muse (2017.1) now seems to have settled down and nearly all the original issues have gone.

When it starts to slow down (normally with loads of apps opened and RAM getting full) I re boot my machine (iMac 27" 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Sierra 16Gb RAM with a newly installed bootable Samsung 500Gb SSD - that was a story!) and it seems to fix the issue. The new SSD has made a tremendous difference, in fact the machine has now come back to life after the original Apple HDD died.

I suspect the new version is very RAM hungry and required the speed an SSD gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 7 Laptop with

Core i7 2.7GHz

16GB Ram

500 GB SSD

Nvidia Quadro M1000M

So very good specs and my system doesn't slow down even for video editing. Muse, that's another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specifications of your computer look good enough to me. Did you check if there is any widget or third-party script that could be slowing things down for you? Also look for graphics and video that are not optimized.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes happening to me when it NEVER happened in the three years using Muse. Copy and pasting slow. Preview one page very slow. Keyboard inputs are slow for muse to act on. I'm on Windows 7. Go to task mgr. When I do one of these commands task manager under performance says Muse "Not responding". Then Muse comes back after completion of the task.

What is going on? Muse is becoming unusable.

No I don't have malware or virus. I have plenty of resources for the app - I've been using it fine for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, ver annoying and time-consuming. Running the latest Muse on the latest High Sierra.

Yet another pain in the back, Adobe…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this tread is addressing different issues. I want to speak of the copy feature with a 5 second lag on my iMac. This is a huge time suck, that doesn't actually allow me to use my iMac for doing Adobe Muse work. In an Adobe Muse project, I could highlight the word "the", hit command C, I get a spin (working) signal for 4 to 5 seconds before I can do anything; hence the time suck. This happens every time.

The funny thing is that this does not happen on my MacBook Pro. So most of my Adobe Muse work is conducted there. It has been going on for a long time and has not been related to any version update. Please, can anybody tell me why this might be going on? I have a $2500 computer that I cannot use with Adobe Muse if it involves copying and pasting many items. This same computer does fine with large video files in Adobe Premiere. It's something specifically with Adobe Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has your iMac got a HHD drive, my Macbook Air with a SSD drive is much more quicker than my iMac (iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) even though the Macbook Air has less ram / processor. etc when using Muse... i know that it seems nuts !!! or might just be my preseption!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines