Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widget issues with the latest Muse update 2017.1

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

So I really want to like Muse, but it just seems like there is always some issue that as soon as I figure out (or can't) there are more that arise. My newest issue it that I updated my Muse, and now widgets that were previously working are completely broken. Text that was fine now overlaps on different pages. And certain things don't even load. On top of that I continuously get error messages in browser. Does anyone know why this update would totally ruin my whole site? I just went on to make a couple of changes to colors and now the whole thing is broken. Hopefully someone has an answer.

Thanks so much,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Hi Paul,

I have edited the title of your post to make it more comprehensible to other users on the forum.

We are aware of the widget issues with the latest update, and I apologize for the frustration. If you have a backup copy of your files, please install the previous version of Adobe Muse Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps  and continue working on it until we have an update with the fixes.

If you do not have a backup file, try downloading the prerelease build Adobe Prerelease an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I have edited the title of your post to make it more comprehensible to other users on the forum.

We are aware of the widget issues with the latest update, and I apologize for the frustration. If you have a backup copy of your files, please install the previous version of Adobe Muse Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps  and continue working on it until we have an update with the fixes.

If you do not have a backup file, try downloading the prerelease build Adobe Prerelease and let the team know on the prerelease forum about your observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Unfortunately reverting to a previous version of muse doesn't help the issue. I have tried versions.0, .1, .2, and .3. When trying to preview the page in browser it takes about 5 minutes to actually work, and when it does none of the widgets on the page work anymore. I won't be able to publish any corrections to the site because that in turn will ruin the whole site. I don't understand why this is happening even though I am going back to a previous version of muse.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question and response sums up exactly how I feel about the latest release. I can't fathom why they'd put out a half-baked "update". My entire site is broken as well and elements are overlapping on every single page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our current pre-release build has fixes of all these issues. Can you please download pre-release build and let us know still you are seeing this issue.

Help the Muse team test new responsive features - Join Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest update to Muse is ready for download. This update addresses most of the issues reported since 2017.1. Please confirm these fixes as soon as you have had a chance to test them.

There is one new feature in the latest update, and it is a feature that will help you make a smooth transition to a next update allowing you to go back and use your files in a previous version of Muse in case it becomes necessary.

Automatic creation of a backup file after you convert files to the next version:

When you open an existing Adobe Muse file using the latest version of the application, file conversion takes place. Earlier, after the file conversion, when you saved your file, you were not able to open the file in an older version of Adobe Muse.

Now, when you open and save an existing file in Adobe Muse (2018.0), you see the following warning message:

If you click OK, a backup file is saved in the same location as your original file. You can use this backup file with the older versions of Adobe Muse.

Note: The backup file is created only for those files that are converted after you open the file using the latest version of Adobe Muse.

More details provided in this doc - https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/whats-new.html.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines