Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer , No. Just me on a regular Adobe account. I normally get all the updates for Photoshop and Photoshop Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with nudity. I've been putting clothing on nude models almost since when Generative Fill was introduced, to make them suitable to upload to Facebook. It's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gregusaurus try "check for updates" button in Creative Cloud Desktop app or this link:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/campaign/photoshop?workflow=install&min-version=25.0

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 3.30.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.  I'm somewhat on the fence here. 

I have used the Adobe CC suite for many years ( basically since it was introduced ) and I don't know how keen I am on having to ask permission from Adobe about what I can create with their software.  In my opinion, it isn't Adobe's place to approve / disapprove what content I create. ( especially at the cost of $700 / year )

Besides having to ask permission, this also indicates that Adobe is scanning the image you're working on to determine if they will approve of it or not.  The question then becomes, is this already being done without customer knowledge outside of the AI generative fill feature or not ?

It's not that I have any real need or interest to create nudity via the AI tool, but it bothers me that I am having to ask permission from Adobe in the first place regardless of what I'm creating.  Imagine the uproar if this type of permission model was included in other software like Maya, Blender, Zbrush, Audition, Indesign, etc. etc.   

Given this insight, I will probably revisit replacement products for the Adobe CC suite before my subscription renews early next year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KLyles your assessment is wrong. The AI is not analyzing the content of your image before throwing the error. If you read the thread many users have pointed out - like @daniellei4510 that they've used AI on nude images without issue. It all stems from proper prompt usage and descriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm confused.  Is Photoshop v 25.0 considered Beta still or is this the commercial release?  It's asking me once again to "Agree" to your User Guidelines, which to me looks like the same as the one for the Beta.  It still says "output is for personal use only and cannot be used commercially."  That's what we do folks.  We use Photoshop for commercial purposes for companies that make us sign big, scary NDAs.  Is this a commercial release, or is it a Beta? 

Can Photoshop v 25.0 be used for commercial purposes?  I need some clarification please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25.0 is the general public release and is available for Commercial Use - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2024.html#gen-ai-photoshop

The beta is currently 25.1 and is for non-commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Caity.psd

Thanks so much. That worked. In the past the app notified me there was  an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rfrolich2 could you share a screenshot of that message that you say says not for commercial use?  Ps 25.0 IS available for commercial use, period, hard stop.  Ps beta will NOT be changed to allow commercial use, so moving forward all GenAI use for work/commercial/whatever must be done in Ps general release, which as of today is : Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230906.r.37 b14e317 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where it gets confusing for everyone - The 25.0 public release from this week (9/06) is not an upgrade from the Beta. If you are on any of the beta versions it wont show an available update.

Check your CC desktop app for available APP updates (not beta) and you should see it:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1694640024393.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert,

From the Generative AI in Adobe apps dialog, it's asking me to agree to the User Guidelines.  If I click on the link, it takes me to the guidelines that state "While generative AI features are in beta, all generated output is for personal use only and cannot be used commercially." It's asking me to agree to this. I take that to mean that the generative AI features are still in Beta.  

That's not the case?

Thank you.

2023-09-13_16h20_24.jpg

2023-09-13_16h18_00.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in god's name are "Generative CreditsAs if our adobe cloud subscription wasn't enough as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultyfp7chz9kt23

Good question. Where are you seeing "Generative Credits"? I missed that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daft... Maybe. In looking to add a third leg I was looking to see if the bug that causes  generative fill to throw errors still existed in the new photoshop upgrade. It is still there. Inspite of this I have been having more fun with with all these new things to do with photoshop and am looking forward to new things from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023-09-14_02-47-00.pngКак решить эту проблему? подскажите пожалуйста.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no: 

"Until November 1, 2023, Creative Cloud, Adobe Firefly, Adobe Express, and Adobe Stock paid subscribers won't be subject to generative credit limits. Starting November 1, 2023, credit limits will apply."

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have YOU been? Adobe has made it no secret that this was going to be put into effect once Photoshop was out of public beta, so that those who supply content to Adobe Stock can be paid for the work they submit when used for AI generatation. Where else can you use AI without paying for it or at least getting or accumulating credits when using their software? Boy. First people complain that artists and photographers are being ripped off by AI, now people are complaining when they are compensated. Like they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a mi me quitaron el acceso por cambiar un vestuario(creo) como podria recuperar el acceso? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where else can you use AI without paying for it?

By @daniellei4510  

Stable Diffusion. Along with open source plugins for Stable Diffusion inside Photoshop.

There are other ways to get money for the photo submitters without credits. Put ads at the bottom of the GF window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get six-fingered people, I just say to them, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't source material providers be paid from the money we are already paying to Adobe to use the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...this is probably a bad example, but couldn't the dealer I bought my car from three years ago pay to have it fixed from the profit they made when they sold me the car originally? Business doesn't work that way. Well...it does to a point. They might throw in a a couple of free oil changes, not to mention a warranty for the first few thousand miles. But they can't provide such additional services forever. And, if I read the the terms and conditions correctly, moderate use of Generative Fill will potentially still be free given the monthly credits involved. I assume that means receiving more credits if one has purchased the entire Creative Suite compared to the Photoshop package alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with providing limited credits (in effect charging for the service on a metered basis) is that the technology, while very good, is still less than 50% accurate.  Meaning, that multiple generations usually have to be made just to sort through the errors, thus burning credits because of error.  Additionally, many credits will be used only to receive "policy violation" notices and no image.  The aspect of receiving violation notices indicates in a way that the technology service is not really a professional tool.  Because I appreciate the technology advances, I would be willing to pay more in a fixed rate but the aspect of limited credits is very troublesome.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there's certainly a lot that still needs to be worked out. I'm still confused how this credit stuff will work within Photoshop itself, as opposed to working specifically with Firefly. I don't have a lot of experience with AI outside of Midjourney and purchased minutes can get used up pretty quickly when one is trying to generate something fairly specific. I'm asumming that one would not be charged for inaccurate or even purposeful violation errors, as no results are generated in any case. Or at least we aren't given access to them. I'm sure adjustmments will be made going forward as things progress.

Never the less, I applaud Adobe for being what I believe is the first to make sure creators are compensated for their work. And I think the technology will trickle down to other AI platforms, though that will most likely have to take place through the court system if other platforms don't do so voluntarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate