Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I've seen other companies do this is that they only charge you credits when you upscale or remove watermarks from an image. That could be something to look at. That way, you don't burn credits trying to get hands to look right, but only use credits once you decide to actually use the result that's produced. Although, I have to say, Midjourney doesn't do this and they just have a paid version for the number of generations you want created at a time. An easier system, imo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One beneficial thing that Midjourney finally got around to doing is generating four full-sized examples, so that chosing the versions you like don't have to spend minutes upscaling the the ones selected. In fact, if one wanted to put in the extra time, the four results can be copied and pasted into Photoshop and cropped, saving a few more seconds of valuable minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My rior comment was removed for being to abrasive, but more than likely it told the truth. So let me be clear as day, Generative Credits is a horrendous, exploitative and greedy implementation. This is a buisness tactic akin to loot boxes and battle passes in game industry. The fact is that we already pay for generative fill with our adobe cloud subscriptions. Generative fills development could not have existed without the reliance on adobe customers and yet this is how we are rewarded. The idea that you should pay more for so called "perks" that should already be gaurenteed, expecially in a global recession, is absurd and unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I took out a sub BECAUSE of the AI thats what I bought into , not to be charged AGAIN .  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also its not that good if you live outside of the USA. All the 'stock' images seem to be American based anyway 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone needs to calm down and keep themselves informed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

People with specific plans will receive a given number of credits per month. If your credits are used up, you will not be charged but the generative fill process may slow down until your credits are newed.

Relax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REnewed. And in the meantime, don't use GF when Content Aware Fill or the Remove tool will accomplish the same thing most of the time when it comes to removing objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniellei4510 

As it says there, in addition to slowing down, you might also run into a cap, and not be able to generate without credits.

I've mentioned before, putting ads on the bottom of the GF window would generate much more income for Adobe, and not piss off so many loyal customers. Win-win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zvi_t An ad may not "piss you off" but it sure would be a huge distraction for my workflow and tick me off.

Look at the blow back Adobe got when they had a partnership for the splash screen with Amazon's Lord of the Rings show.

Pitchforks and torches just for a damn splash screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A DEFINITE "NO" to ads from me, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniellei4510 re: I'm still confused how this credit stuff will work within Photoshop itself.

As a recap, effective November 1, 2023, credit limits will apply:

• Creative Cloud All Apps plans get 1,000 monthly generative credits.
  • Creative Cloud Single App plans get 500 monthly generative credits.
  • Free users with an Adobe ID (using Adobe Express, Adobe Firefly, Creative Cloud) get 25 monthly credits.
  • The consumption of generative credits depends on the generated output's computational cost and the value of the generative AI feature used. There is a generative credits usage rate table at the link below.

Note, generative credits don't roll over to the next month, and credit counts will reset each month. Generative credits aren't pooled and can't be shared across multiple users. Standard resolution imagery is up to 2000 x 2000 pixels.

All the details are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/generative-credits-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm giving up on Photoshop in a few weeks I just can't afford the astronomical monthly cost, so It seems to me like the credit scheme is certainly a no go for me. IT sucks that the credits yoou have remaining don't roll over. BAD move for a start 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Graham24508943nobd not trying to "upsell" you but have you considered the Photoshop Photography plans? They start at $9.99/mo currently and include credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My opinion - I believe the Credit "scheme" is not meant to be a means of monetary income - more so a means to control the volume of traffic hitting the AI servers. By limiting access (if you have a better method Im sure they are all ears), they can control the quality of service. If they left it wide open you know there would be users hammering this constantly or opening it up to more nefarious attacks and we'd all suffer (and complain even more).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant see where it says that they are included in my plan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plan do you have @MontyWales 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by one of their agents that I was already on the cheapest plan. £19.99 PM.  Being in the UK there'll be different rates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography plan £9.98/mo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Graham24508943nobd you are on the single app Photoshop subscription - there is another option that is a better deal:

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/plans.html?filter=photography&plan=individual

The only difference is if you want LRclassic (local not cloud) and the 1TB of storage which is going away anyway.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1694787964758.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Kevin, just spotted this myself. I'm spitting feathers that I was told I was already on the cheapest plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MontyWales and you have Photoshop 25.0 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get LR Classic and Cloud. I dont use cloud though, Wish they would move the filters across to LRC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,