Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding the full stop (period) does help move it along. Thanks. Tha's amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some additions

in some photos if you write "complete photo" it doesn't work, if you write "complete the photo", it works, other times "viceversa", and most of the time adding any word doesn't work, i think is a little confusing, i tried to remove a child from a photo, but the word child or children seems to be totally "violating", i think that "remove children" "remove baby" should work, i don't see how it could be abused removing. 

i would think about some "mature" words, for example i tried "make breasts bigger" "make bust bigger" etc didn't work, but we all know it is a normal workflow with some models using liquify to do it, making it with AI would make the work a lot shorter, and i can't find a reason why it shouldn't work.

if is possible would also be to have a page with all the not allowed words (or combination) on the website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that issue too. The AI is still learning about what is appropriate. I'd suggest you increase the size of your selection area and try the Generative Fill again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove something why not use the remove tool and not generativefill? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you suspect an innocent word is banned, go to Firefly and enter a prompt that uses the word. In most cases, it will work. The problem in most cases is a bug and has little to do with censorship. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same thing by simply selecting someting and clicking "Generate". Beta's AI consistently generates imagery that it's violating it's own rules. Which both funny, and scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps typing things like "background" or "texture". Leaving it blank will cause a violation error quite often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have always been able to circumvent this issue by making an additional small selection elsewhere far removed the main selection itself."

Thank you daniellei4510, such a good point !

Now this little girl can have legs (feet are still really ugly but this is another issue).

Generative Fill GL.png

Capture_2307091810.jpgCapture_2307091811.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a "computer says no" violation for simply trying to remove a flash reflection in a window behind my subject (a fully clothed man wearing headphones, in case you're wondering).

You can see the selection and I added no text to GF.Screenshot (92) - Copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting worse .

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to add 'Meare, Somerset' as the background and got the warning.

It's the name of my small village in England, so not sure how it breaks any guidelines. It's a couple of miles from Glastonbury, and there have been far more interesting images coming from there 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second cow image is probably closer than the first, but it looks like longer sentences get better results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the problem with messy colours bleeding a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I try to use the generative tool I get a message saying that the images generated were deleted because they violate user guidelines. I was initially tying to delete a shadow but I've tried different commands and I get the same message over & over again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest word that violated user guidelines is.........

Wait for it.......

LEEK

In the name of the wee man, how incredibly stupid is THAT ?  Even a full stop ( period ) after the word didn't work this time. Also Strip Light brought the violation notice. yesterday too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem on my side.

1.edit..jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is NOT a bug, then what good is it?  Im editing a wedding, and have had MULTIPLE issues with this (expletive) wonder software.  Currently I'm trying to clear an area between an Ice bucket and a champagne glass, with the existing background that is green foliage.  It says I'm voilating the user agreement.  It's hard for me to type this without bad language. Its supposed to help my workflow, not hinder it.  This is ridiculous.  Other issues, much of anything skin toned.  They need to get on this, or people will stop using it.  The first instance that happened, the message said if it kept happening I would lose access to adobe.  REALLY?????  That instance I (same wedding) I was trying to clear the ministers notebook for the top of the grooms hand, which my selection included maybe 20 pixels of his hand (not much at all, I actually tried to line the edge) If it won't speed my workflow then ITS NOT HELPFUL.  And yes, I did report it.  How much more time do I have to waste reporting something they should be addressing already, given the number of complaints?  Rant over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL @Graham24508943nobd. I had to try it.

JEL_0-1689020482733.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never thought of leeks 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mostly the kind of thing I've been trying to use generative fill for (to varying degrees of success). I can see how some of the things people are posting are triggering flags even if they're unwarranted, but it also seems to be a pretty common issue with bokeh, small blemishes, streaks, shadows etc. When it works it does a much more efficient and better job at cleaning up an image then other healing tools (and don't even get me started on the remove tool which is straight up unusable) except it's extremely unreliable and when I do get it to work it's usually taken a lot of fiddling and failed attempts prior. Hopefully this gets solved because I think the potential is definitely there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to reply to the person posting about removing reflection with a fully clothed person 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zvi_t wrote: Violation for "large" and "spacial"?

Can you tell us what happens when you try using "spatial", the preferred spelling of the word?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I regularly get the "generated images were removed, because they violate community guidelines"... when I am filling in blanks or removing small blemishes with blank prompts.

Should I be worried? Because I would not like my account to be deleted for trying to remove a white stain from red background…

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zvi_t 

I'm glad "spatial" worked for you! I've been noticing the misspellings that cause errors and have on-purpose misspelled words. Several folks have wondered why on earth "elefant" would cause an error, for instance, and I agree that spell check would be a good addition. Also, there are many folks who are writing in English when it's not their native language. That has to be tough.

Adobe has been moving all of these posts into one thread so they can be reviewed while GF is still in beta.

In addition, see Pete's pinned reply for sending files with false flags to the Photoshop team.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest disallowed nonsense is sporran. Admin, please pass on and correct. Sporran IS correct spelling and a main accessory to a Scottish outfit.

Votes

Translate

Translate